Too bad Bat girl - get well soon.

The old adage: ‘Feed a cold and starve a fever’ has recently been proven to be correct.

So, if you’ve got the ‘real deal’, drink lots of fluids, take aspirin etc to treat the symptoms, and stay in bed. Forget what the majority of people do – get prescribed medicines which do nothing but lower your immune system, help make ‘super bugs’, and infect others in the Doctors Waiting Room!

A shot or two of rum in warm sweetened milk is good to make you sleep … can’t hurt, eh?!

(I remember raising blood acidity levels is good for killing bugs also e.g. real lemon drinks, oranges, etc)

Thanks SZ.

All I'm taking at the moment is nurofen, which is helping to ease the back and neck aches.

As for starving the fever... well I actually feel quite hungry... not sure whether it's boredom or I actually need the energy.

I guess it's too late now - has 12~24hrs passed???

If not, Tamiflu works. No question.

However, many people think they have influenza when they just have a shytty cold.

In oz many folks say "I've got a touch of the flu." or " I feel a bit flu(ey)" or "I think I've got the flu".......etc.

Which more than likely means they haven't.

Nicole - If all of the above doesn't apply then sub0's advice is pretty spot on.

Hope you recover soon.

i havent had the flu for years until last week when i was in bed last monday and tuesday with the darn thing. also managed give both my housemates the same thing. we were all quite a mess.

the body aches are terrible, take an ibuprofen. drink lots of water to keep you hydrated and just stay in bed.

Yeh - don't think going out is very wise at all.

For you or others.

Not arguing the point about how shyte you feel, but if you had flu A or B with associated high fevers, chill, lethargy, bopdy aches & pains and p'raps sore throat & cough, I don't think you'd be moving far, still so early in the piece.

Better rest and recover soon. Don't want complications.

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
I've got the Flu and I feel like I'm going to die.

Surely someone has some crazy remedies I can use to kick this thing!
I feel your pain \:\(

Still trying to get over it myself and a nasty migraine to boot. When it rains it pours eh. Was my excuse to buy Splinter Cell for Xbox. Great game! \:\)

Ive now also watched:
Riding Giants (think thats the surf vid name) Great flick on surfing and never knew that Laird Hamilton married Gabriella Reece eek.gif thumbsup.gif Damn shes hot \:D

The big bounce - had me laughing and made my head hurt more. Great flick too

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Love it everytime.

The Beach - Only saw it the one time at the theater. Not bad. Love that island.

Howels Moving Castle - Miyazaki is fantastic.

I needn't worry about spreading it about 011 - everyone at work either has it or has had it. I'm among the last to get it. Yay me!

Snobee, maybe it's not a flu, I dunno. If it's not, it's certainly the worst freakin' cold I've ever had.

CB hope yours clears up soon - and the migraine. Migraines are possibly worse than the flu even!

Sunrise, you must have a good immune system... or hang around healthy people. \:\)

A lot of flu in my town right now.

Okayu - thats the rice porridgey like stuff right? When my brother came to Japan he went off down to Tokyo on his own and ended up eating that in a temple.... he couldn't find anywhere else. He only knew what is really was when he came back and someone explained it to him lol.gif