• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packages that are almost impossible to open. Case - a numeric pad I bought for my notebook. The edges of the packages were still plastic all the way round, the only way to get in was to bring the scissors in. Even then, it was a struggle.

Christmas Cake? why cant you buy proper real Christmas cake in this place? you know a fruit cake (soaked with brandy ) covered in almond icing, a proper Xmas Cake! not some regular old cake with xmas decorations on it but a traditional cake!....sigh

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
got told this on the bus today:

j-man: why are you looking at that book in Japanese?

me: I enjoy reading in Japanese

j-man: so you like looking at all the japanese characters eventhough you dont know what they mean? how stupid you are.

me: what? why cant foreigners read in Japanese? Some Japanese can speak/read English right?

J-man: yes, thats because we're smarter than gaijin. You gaijin arent smart enough to learn our difficult language are you?

me: I just had a conversation with you in Japanese didnt I? Look, if you have nothing intelligent to say then speak to the window - this book is much more interesting than you.

j-man: he continues to babble on saying derogatory stuff bout gaijin.

me: continued the start of a good book \:\)

was like something outta a comicbook. Odd how some people think like that eh lol.gif
Some people I know made a short film which included a spoof about that very type of conversation minus the book. In the film the J salaryman is talking to an American guy condescendingly and the conversation is all in Japanese and the J-guy, like you're guy here, didn't seem to even realise the gaijin could speak J and how fluent the gaijin was at it.
 Quote:
Originally posted by where's the snow:
Nengajo.

Sending them, receiving them, then realising you have forgotten someone and need to send them one in return. They surely realise you forgot them.
Pain in the arse!

My designs win hands down every year though..I'm just glad most of our friends aren't into the nengaz..

My g/f just finished writing 200 (200! eek.gif ) of the things. She said at least 50 were for people "she doesn't really like that much". That conversation soon fell apart and I decided to change the subject for the sake of a good new year mood \:\)

This has irritated me for a while. When I'm using the internet (ADSL) and the phone rings, the connection gets cut. Only sometimes. And I can't work out why it does it only sometimes.

chicks who speak with a "baby-ish" voice to try and be cute in order to say something inappropriate with out copping backlash.

it's just not right....the hackles come up immediately.

that, and people leaving empty boxes containers in the fridge/cupboard...so you think there's still some of whatever left only to find...Nup!

I don't like that either. It is the opposite of sexy.

I sometimes leave an empty Pringles tube in the cupboard. It's so the girlfriend doesn't realise I've eaten them all in one day. I'll leave it there for 3 or 4 days to make it seem more reasonable and less pig-like. lol.gif