• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the sizes thing is so annoying. I'm not exactly a giant but am always missing out for not being a stick insect either. What I don't get about it is that Japanese guys keep getting bigger and there must be a large demographic of guys who have the same problem.

got told this on the bus today:

j-man: why are you looking at that book in Japanese?

me: I enjoy reading in Japanese

j-man: so you like looking at all the japanese characters eventhough you dont know what they mean? how stupid you are.

me: what? why cant foreigners read in Japanese? Some Japanese can speak/read English right?

J-man: yes, thats because we're smarter than gaijin. You gaijin arent smart enough to learn our difficult language are you?

me: I just had a conversation with you in Japanese didnt I? Look, if you have nothing intelligent to say then speak to the window - this book is much more interesting than you.

j-man: he continues to babble on saying derogatory stuff bout gaijin.

me: continued the start of a good book \:\)

was like something outta a comicbook. Odd how some people think like that eh lol.gif

Wow CB is that exactly what was said!??

I can't believe how rude and ignorant people can be - no matter what nationality. That's quite amazing.

I like the way he seems to have been talking at you to make a point and not responding to your replies at all. I sometimes wonder, aren't the other Japanese within earshot extremely embarassed by such an idiot speak on behalf of them as a nation.

I wish i could express my thoughts so accurately in Japanese... ok, maybe time to study a bit again, instead of reading about someone else on the internet.

Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:
odd how people who don't know you would want to ask you a stupid question and feel comfortable asking it. You have an inviting face?
You've obviously never seen CBs face! :p

actually, if you can believe it, I spoke very politely and smiled at him the entire time. Wasnt mad at him, he is an ojiisan after all and stuck in his ways, so its not worth getting mad at, just kinda shocking to see people come out with that kinda stuff...along the likes of wow, you can use chopsticks or after saying ohayo in Jap, wow, youre jap is excellent isnt it? :rolleyes: same kinda stuff I think ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
You've obviously never seen CBs face! :p
No, I haven't but I'm guessing it's something similar to his avatar! :p

Thursday, you're right, but probably to an old fella like that, anything you say will make you the villian.

new irritation - China, I am sick of hearing about, reading about China. I think I will cancel my Time subscription so I dont have to read about how crappy China is: the 'injustice' system, the corruption, the human rights, the environmetal rape, the mismanagement. It goes on and on.