• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the noise forced me out of bed at the crack o` 9 O`clock again today. I went over for a squiz at the hydraulic hammer, and the volume was painful. What amazed me was that the operator had the front windows open and was wearing no ear protection. I guess after 30 years of hammering without protection, it doesn`t sound too loud any more, and he probably never was a great conversationalist.

I`m no elf and safety nazi, but there`s no way I`d do that job without ear muffs. Headphones I dislike, but I`m quite happy to have my head between a pair of muffs.

yeah bp! they always show highlights from the ending after you're halfway through the movie.

also, on many news shows, when they show the sports they tell you who won before showing the highlights! especially NHK

That is very annoying. I hate it when footie commentators mention other games that are being played at the same time or from slightly earlier in the day as well. If I wanted to find out that result I would be on the web finding it out matey... I might be taping it to watch later so shut ya gob!

1. The word n00b pisses me off. Its a stupid sounding word. Its a stupid looking word. I hate it.

2. This guy gives me the shits \:D . When people use him I picture them as dim witted grinning idiots.

3. The phrase "first turns", especially when using the grinning idiot \:D

nOOb annoys me too. I fully expected you to object at some point. I'm surprised though that you tolerate 'gives me the shits'. I always picture CB and Bushpig as having shitty underwear since they always use the expression. (Hello lads \:D ).

On the subject of linguistic annoyances, the expression "Do the math" enrages me. Having organized my life so that I never have to 'do the math', I find this kind of rude and peremptory direction very offensive. If you want the maths done, you do it yourself. And it's 'maths', not 'math'.

Uniqlo - went their yesterday, looking for wool Jersey, they had dozens of S and M size, a few L and Sweet FA LL sizes! its always the same. There was a another LL size guy there at the same time scouring the pile for the nugget of gold that is the LL but to no avail. He looked as disgruntled as I was.

In the sales bins it was all S and a few M. I dont get these people, the large sizes always sell out and they are left with a huge pile of S.

Why dont they recognize this trend and stock more L and LL from the beginning and order less S & M.

(this post is loaded with puns isnt it?)