> Why can't these space wasters get a move on or at least develop some sense of peripheral vision?

I concluded a long time ago that it takes a certain level of insecurity on the streets for citizens to develop that part of the eye known as the 'corner'. I try to raise the level of insecurity a little, though in a harmless manner, by shouting 'BANG!!' really loudly when I come across somebody walking along not looking where they're going.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ****ing ceiling people were at it again last night! Although not at the usual 5am, but at 2am. They had already turned off their constantly loud tv at about 11, and had been sleeping for a few hours when for some unfathomable reason (other than that maybe they are senile) one of the two started doing something which was banging on the floor (my ceiling). It sounded like a hammer. Grrrr. It woke me up and kept me awake for a while cos every thump made one of my light-shades hanging from the ceiling vibrate and squeek. Aaaarrrghh! After a few minutes I got up and thumped my ceiling a few times and thankfully they stopped. WTF is with that?!? Bastards!

I am 'ceiling people' well my son is at least jumping of the couch and chairs about 140 times a day, bouncing balls, drumming on the floor with hard objects, running constantly. Must sound like a zoo to the old lady downstairs - she is the 'TV lady', our apartments are L shaped and her lounge and my bedroom are on opposites of the L, she has the TV blaring all hours of the night with her ranch slider door open, I sleep with my window open so the sound invades my room directly.

I also have Furnace man next door, he still does his thing and his yard has become an even bigger dump.

Sigh

Irritations of the day:

- being served a meal that came with 3 - yes three - chips (fried potatoes). Three!!!!!

- the ridiculously small size of cakes in a local cake shop. No need to bit. It all goes in one.

My trival irritation No1 are the strangly worded messages computers give you.

I got one the other day that said;

Your concurrent application limit has been exceeded WHAT??????????????????

So I wrote to IT

I don’t know what this concurrent application limit is but it seems Ive been very extravagant with it and I am now sadly concurrently application challenged.

Ellipse will no longer commune with me and stubbornly refuses to open due to my sudden lack of concurrentness.

Can you help me?

It turned out that too many people were using the same program and I had to wait.

I think that people who dream up such moronic messages should be rounded up and publicly flogged Dont you?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
The ****ing ceiling people were at it again last night! Although not at the usual 5am, but at 2am. They had already turned off their constantly loud tv at about 11, and had been sleeping for a few hours when for some unfathomable reason (other than that maybe they are senile) one of the two started doing something which was banging on the floor (my ceiling). It sounded like a hammer. Grrrr. It woke me up and kept me awake for a while cos every thump made one of my light-shades hanging from the ceiling vibrate and squeek. Aaaarrrghh! After a few minutes I got up and thumped my ceiling a few times and thankfully they stopped. WTF is with that?!? Bastards!
Stuff dog-shit in their mailbox with a note: 'From your disgruntled neighbours who you woke at 2am this morning'.

Should give them the hint.

Can always up the ante if they don't comply.

what, like hurl shit thru their open window? ;\) They complained to the landlord about my garden causing too many insects and mozzies to come into their open windows and I had to cut down my trees that I had planted 5 years ago. AND THEY HAVE NO FRIGGING FLY SCREENS ON THEIR WINDOWS!! Leaves me with a perfect window of oportunity for dung hurling though...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
don't worry, I have the bass boosted sufficiently to a. drown out the chanting, and b. piss them off enough to get the odd banging on the floor at night lol.gif
which is why I heard them referring to you as the ikkai ni sunderu kusoyaro!! :p lol.gif

Wonder who was noiser first? them or you? and not that you EVER play loud music or movies eh? lol.gif

a new irritation for me is the news headlines that use words like 'slam'. As in 'Saddam's defence slams trial'. Then you read the article and it's just people criticizing something, not actually 'slamming' anyone physically. Oh, just thought of another: last out. Bush lashes out at critics. too much hyperbole thumbsdown.gif

It just seems like an old person trying to use 'hip' language.

Doing a web search and clicking on one of the top links only to find out that it deserving to be a top listing is a huge stretch of the imagination. I hate it when websites put almost outright lies in the pages titles or whatever just to try and gain search engine listing results.

I boycott and websites that do that. \:\)