Quote:
Originally posted by klingon:
* Background piano/jazz music in coffee shops/cheap restaurants

* Terrible cover versions of "classic" songs in dept stores & shops
:D
At the local hospital they are playing ENYA !!!!

wait you deserve a picture...

B000B8QEYC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
and have done so for months now, drives me crazy!!!!!

..and the usual stuff, tailgaters, idling cars, Bush, Fujitv, Michael Schumacher, teenage shortboarders, my salary, Bush, iTunes, jp immigration, that huge bird living right across from our apartment, it shits on my car!.
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing..they start their CV with a volume altered announcement "PRIME SHOPPING!!" Followed by stupid products and annoying sounds. I believe CNN finances their CNNj by Shop Japan people. Bloomberg is a much less annoying news source in my opinion. You will have to deal with the "Malaysia Truly Asia" campaign but definitely less annoying.

Same thing..they start their CV with a volume altered announcement "PRIME SHOPPING!!" Followed by stupid products and annoying sounds. I believe CNN finances their CNNj by Shop Japan people. Bloomberg is much less annoying in my opinion. this is an edit..I'm not sure how this got on here twice. Sorry.

I don't like it when you try to select text with your mouse by clicking, wanging your mouse to the left, and everything on the right gets highlighted. How can that possibly happen?

That is truly a trivial irritation.

I crossed paths with a South African guy today. Afterwards I realised why I like snowsports so much: there aren't any South Africans. And that's a bloody good thing because they're a pack of arrogant wankers. God damn, they think they're good! "Hi, I'm South African, let me tell you how good I am." Tossers.

Come to think of it, there arn't many SA wankers in Japan at all. Hopefully they're banned by the visa department.

Sorry if you are South African and that offended you, I'm sure you are all not that bad \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:

I don't like it when you try to select text with your mouse by clicking, wanging your mouse to the left, and everything on the right gets highlighted. How can that possibly happen?

That is truly a trivial irritation.

It pisses me off more when I delete the selected text... and end up deleting the text I wanted to keep.

Equally trivial but annoying is looking at up to the screen to see you have typed 5 lines with caps lock on, except for the first letter of each sentence.

Bloody South Africans.

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
Can we be a bit more specific to these generalisations? I'm curious.
They're total Boers! ;\)

For a change I agree with The Legume, many SA blokes are arrogant, white-supremist wankers. Lots vacated SA for Western Australia to maintain their life (style?) - they all preach non-racism here ... so why did they rabbit-run from their precious country after Aparteid?

On the other hand, I've also met a few SA chicks - generally they are quite lovely. Go figure, it's often the case, eh?

actually, while the motivation to get out of SA was partly due to the collapse of apartheid, the economic factor was a much larger one for the majority of Sout Africans I know in Perth. The reality of the crime, and shitty economy made moving to Aus with their money a much more attractive option than staying. A move most of us might make in similar circumstances.

The only SAs I know were on the Lethal Weapon movie. Very curious accent.

And, as said in another thread, Patsy Kensit is quite nice (if you forget about all her tainted relationships with rockstars). But then again she is not from SA. I'm confused. Hangover.

I dont blame the SAs so much for fleeing, given all the murder and looting and so on that was going on there. Ive met a few decent ones, they remind me a lot of aussies actually. Ive also heard a lot of extreme racism from SAs too, though perhaps its slightly more understandable (compared to some average white guy from texas) given the level of emotional involvement there.

Isrealies are another story, I met hundreds of ass-wipe isrealies in India. But they were mainly early 20s who had just finished their compulsory army stint so perhaps not a fair reflection of all isrealies. The Indians hated them and many hotels over there have 'no Isrealies' signs up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
Can we be a bit more specific to these generalisations? I'm curious.
People from both countries imagine people from other countries have no idea about their own country and provide a glowing description without being asked. The fruit, especially, is apparently so much better than what is available in your own country that you are led to believe that you cannot possible understand how laughably deprived you are on that score. You are also led to believe you lack a certain spiritual dimension from never having camped in a desert.

People from both countries seem oblivious that their countries are pariah states, and they often assume you naturally share their sense of their racial superiority.

Regardless of the venue or previous topics, most conversational gambits begin "In Israel/SA..." as if anybody gave a shit.

These are the main things I've noticed.