• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newspaper reading TV news...I'm glad somebody mentioned that Kumapix! I've been silently bothered by that for years!

...I hate when you've just finished using the toilet (at home or work, etc.) only to find that the prick that used it last used all of the toilet paper and didn't bother to put in a new roll.

Scuffers, people who scuff their feet as they walk along. It's lazy, slovenly, and makes me feel like planting a boot in their ***. There's a chick at work that can be heard approaching by her audibly slobby scuff. I want to grab her by her muppet ears and scream "Pick up your feet you lazy cow!"

Other thing is people who chew with their sloppy porcine mouths wide open. Back to the pigpen is where these masticating morons should be sent.

Didn't these people learn any manners when they were kids!

I love this thread-its funny as hell reading back over what annoys everyone. lol.gif

since we're on the topic of the news...I find that about half of the stations tell you the score of the game BEFORE showing the highlights. This really pisses me off.

I guess I've been brought up on TSN (the Canadian cable sports channel) which will kind of give you the excitement of the game in a 30 second highlight recap. When u hear the score first it just kills it \:\(

just read Davo's post. I've got a cousin-in-law who always ends up with food all over his lips...and it's still there a couple of hours later! He also burps at the table even though it's not his own house. He's a highschool kid with absolutely no manners. Good job parents! thumbsup.gif

He'll be a big success with the girls later in life. It's a shame that the parents can't teach him basic manners, cause without them he's basically doomed to a life of slob.

well maybe he should be shipped over here and introduced to a lovely young open-mouthed foot scuffler!

I totally agree Davo! That foot scuffing just gives me the shits! I alswyas think they need a good slapping when I see or hear it.

Walkin down the hondori in Hiroshima Bushy always points out foot shuffling girls. Lot of it is those damn impractical shoes they wear - or the fact that they dont know how to walk :rolleyes:

Dunno if its been said or not but what about when youre getting off the train and the people waiting to get on are in your way or force themselves on mad.gif I give a few hip/shoulder checks for that stuff :rolleyes:

How about during elections (well, that's a whole topic in itself) how all the candidates wear 'Hissho' (definite win) headbands? I always piss my wife off (japanese) by asking her repeatedly how they can all 'kanarazu katsu' at the same time.

and how about the holding multiple mics to scream in. Just hold on and get better wiring you loser!

For those of you who go to gyms:

I cant understand the amount of people who go to a gym and dont break a sweat. When I was on the stairmaster last night the woman next to me took 1 step every 5 seconds. Whats the point. She seemed so much more into the TV program wakaranai.gif

Irritating: cool sayings, slang and phrases.

Example 1:

The way people on internet forums (I think mainly Americans) use the apparently cool phrase "way to....."

Lets say someone paints their home and posts a pic. You get a flow of predictable comments like:

"That looks great. Way to improve your home!"

"Nice colour. Way to compliment the surroundings"

"Big job. Way to spend a week of your holidays!".

It doesn't even make sense.

Example 2:

No longer happy with 'sick', I have been hearing 'ill' more and more over the months. "That dudes photographs are ill".

It sounds stupid.

There are many others ('feel the love', 'represent')

My wife's shopping habits. Only buying for tonight and not breakfast tomorrow.

We've come to an arrangement. I don't fart in bed, she makes sure the kidd have something to eat for breakfast.

This thread has grown too large for me to go back and check if the following has already been said. So anyway, I go to buy a shirt at Gap tonight. My (Japanese) wife was with me. So, I bring my XL sized men's shirt up to the register and lay on the counter. The worker looks at my wife and asks if I found the correct size. I answered that I had. She proceeds to tell my wife how much it costs. My wife looks at me, I pay. Then the girl hands my wife my change and receipt (at this point it occured to me that I had mistakenly wore my Harry Potter invisible cape out today). Anyway, to be a smart ass I grabbed the reciept from my wife and handed it to a worker at another register and told him thanks but I don't need the reciept (the girl looked confused).

The short story is that it's a bit irritating when people automatically talk right past you if you are with Japanese companions that seem to be there for you as translators.