> bilingual news on NHK.

> I gave up watching that years ago

Then you wouldn't know that spring is just around the corner.

Is that nervous Japanese lady still on who keeps sprinkling her interpretations with more "that's" than English grammar can really stand?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife's shopping habits.

1. Like most Japanese people we buy everyday. My wife loves to cook and really goes for broke (hence my waist line). Trouble is she gets so focused on what she's gonna cook that she forgets to buy anything for breakfast. Great going to bed on a full tum, but having to ching frozen yakionigiri for the kids breakky gets my goat.

2. The old " just popping down to the shop for..." turns into a 2-3 hours trip.

Still she made a great apple pie for desert last night so I can't complian too much. \:\)

I don't like it when I spend time doing some work for someone, I email it to them, and they do not reply to let me know they got it.... no "thanks I got the mail, will get back to you".

Would you send that mail or just reply a week later with your response?

Too many numbers in today's society. Here's a list of the numbers I can't seem to remember.

Home Phone

Work Phone

Work Fax

Cell Phone (and I've had the same # for years)

Postal Code

Ban Chi # at the end of address

Customers who, when they furikomi to us, make US pay the tesuryo - even though it is clearly printed on the invoice that it is their responsibility.

;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by igloo:
I don't like it when I spend time doing some work for someone, I email it to them, and they do not reply to let me know they got it.... no "thanks I got the mail, will get back to you".

Would you send that mail or just reply a week later with your response?
I hate that too. I usually write again after few days telling them how worried I am that they might not have received my previous email. That usually works.

Lately when I have switched on CNN (admittedly not that often) it seems to have been 50% ads - often poor ones at that as well as the annoying airlines ones. The news bar at the bottom I think was even sponsored by an airline.

I know in North America trucks have their exhaust pipes pointing up so why in Japan are the pipes pointing out to the side, at car window level???

It's now getting warm out and I noticed it again. You'll be driving with the windows down and pull up to a red light and a truck will pull up next to you and fill your car with fumes. Just insane!!

mad.gif