• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shredded cabbage - now that's something all honest to goodness earthlings should gorge on.

Yummy stuff. Pampered palates - munch into the unknown ;\)

And trivial irritations.

I don't think I'll ever get used to the habit here of people constantly sniffing when they have a cold. Blowing nasal bubbles.

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff, Sniff, Sniff - drives me nuts.

Cabbage is a great vegetable,particularly when served raw, as it has a slightly sweet yet crisp flavour.

Quote:
I think Piggy has a clear emotional bias against cabbage. When you were 15 did your gay piano teacher serve you it or something?
lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif Liberachie and cabbage

Coleslaw should be shot at birth, along with the raw mountains of cabbage! There is simply no place in this world for any environmentally-minded human being to stick up for and defend raw cabbage. As mentioned before, not only is it offensive to the laws of nature and my palate, but the bi-products produced by it's digestion are more devastating to the ozone layer than any CFCs!

Gay piano teachers? I imagine even they would have the sense to know better than to serve that crap. But then I never had one. Is that what yours tried to do Spud? :p

I never had piano lessons. I had violin lessons from a hippy with a big beard who made his own clothes with hand spun yarns, rode a bicycle in and out of town and grew his own vegetables in a large paddock he tilled using a horse drawn plough (honest). He was the real article.

If your irrational cabbage hatred becomes anymore evident then I will be forced to refer to you as Cabbage rather than Bush Pig.

(oh yeah, another irritation: females that use the letters 'grrl' in their forum name. Like boardgrrl or BCgrrrl or powgrrl).

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
I never had piano lessons. I had violin lessons from a hippy with a big beard who made his own clothes with hand spun yarns, rode a bicycle in and out of town and grew his own vegetables in a large paddock he tilled using a horse drawn plough (honest). He was the real article.
011 gave you piano lessons?

Reading and comprehension: B-. (The subject received violin lessons, not piano)

Remarks: Nicole needs to spend more time carefully reading forum material before drawing what would have been an otherwise witty comment.

Ocean11's determination and commitment is impressive (and I feel like a patronising hypocrite just saying that) but my violin teacher didn't even use electricity, something not even O11 could live up to.

Spud :rolleyes:

It was meant to be joke dude. Lighten up.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this forum is meant to be a bit of fun. Gee, with your extensive experience in the military and corporate worlds, you think you'd relish the chance to let your hair (or your facade) down and just stop trying so hard.

\:\)

So you think the above post is indicative of what you perceive to be my serious and dour demeanour attributable to a half life spent in the corporate world? A demeanour that I should relish the chance to take leave of? For F's sake, you really are a slave to literal interpretation, and so way off the mark (again). What the hell are you going on about? I was dicking around, making out like some tool teacher at school. I give up.

I recall recently that a regularly good natured and forgiving forum guy figuratively sighing in resigned realisation that you consistently miss the elegant effing point which is handed to you wrapped in the doughy crepe of forum prose. It appears that the only way to communicate with you is to present a point with all the imaginative spark of a Cadbury Creme egg on St Valentines Day.

As for your misplaced advice, pull yer head in until you have been around here a bit longer or actually know me. And as one of the biggest shit spinners on this forum for quite a while over a few generations of members, I am quite sure I know that the forum is 'a bit of fun'.

I think I'll be staying clear of the off topic part for a while.

Awww comooon Spud! Bat girl would be the first to admit she misses the rib on occasions. I caught her a coupla times in a row on another thread.

You can call me cabbage all you like spuddy boy, but it won't change my eternal enmity for the green leaf! :p

I think you left out the assumed smileys in your post mr spud. I could see the humour (I wish I'd had a piano teacher like your violin teacher by the way) but Nicole has the flu, and this has no doubt influenced her interpretation of your post cos she's feeling like shit. When you feel like shit it can sometimes be hard to see the funny side in things and things can sometimes get taken too literally.

Hehe lol.gif

Spud, maybe rather than blaming me you should look at the way you post. Considering that most of the time your posts are responses to mine and are intentionally argumentative, why should I all of a sudden interpret your posts as being lighthearted and jovial?

Tell you what, I'll seriously consider 'pulling my head in' if you seriously consider seeking professional help for being such a tool. \:\)

Kisses darling!

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:

Tell you what, I'll seriously consider 'pulling my head in' if you seriously consider seeking professional help for being such a tool. \:\)
Would a professional translator count?
 Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
...you seriously consider seeking professional help for being such a tool. \:\)
Nicole - your closing statement is a direct insult, a line I never drew in the sand and something that almost never happens around here. I certainly don't welcome it.

It isn't the first time you threw an insult directly at me either. I ignored the much milder yet totally unsolicited insult that you started with some weeks ago (you may recall I responded "on that note I think I'll go to bed")

I have no idea who you are nor what your motivation around here is but enjoy yourself. I was at fault to let who ever you are distract me from the absolute joy of our low level European BC exploration and of riding my Dupraz D1.

Besides inexplicably publicly blurting out some of the things on my mind and in my life, I really like keeping in contact with Japan and the snow scene and the 100's of forum members that are involved with it. But I can continue to do that via email, with trips to Japan and as a non-contributing forum bystander. Having hit 5000 posts and left Japan 2 years ago, I think it is time to fade away like so many other better guys have already done. Thanks for all the fun Andrew and the SJ.com team. Its not a dummy spit, I have been torn at getting along with other things for a while and after a little push from an irritating flea, now is a good time to capitulate, although perhaps with slightly less quiescent grace than those who have gone before me. I'll be back to give an update at the end of my season (round 'bout June)..... until then remember, never settle for crappy food! \:\)

Keep on posting silly spud, I like reading your posts I'm sure lots of others do too ;\)

What irritates me is people who are just totally inflexible when their inflexibility just goes against common sense. Like (first thing that comes to mind) the people who have a reserved seat in the empty cinema that is next to you and insist on sitting there.

• SnowJapan Moderator
 Quote:
Thanks for all the fun Andrew and the SJ.com team.
You're welcome. Of course it goes without saying that we hope you will continue to be an active participant.

\:\)

I personally want to hear about all those Europe trips anyway ;\)

Things I'll always remember about Spud:

1. The artist formerly known as deebee

2. Landed a snowboard backflip in his first season as a snowboarder...and had enderzero eat his boots.

3. Gave me a fat lip every time I said sommething stupid (which is quite often) and also a bloody nose that time I tried to duck.

4. Had a prostitute for a gf.

5. Had to sieve through vomit in his car to get the false teeth of the abovementioned gf's mom because he was driving too fast while she was giving him a blow-job......OK, I made the blow-up part up, but the rest of that was true.

Stay cool dude. Hope I might get to run into you in J-Land again some time.

People make a payment to your account and use their personal name or some other name other than the contracted company name - sometimes need to work out who the heck the money is coming from.

Then there's the ones who don't pay the bank charges themselves effectively paying you less than the invoiced amount.