hey, that thing's cool. nicole you're good at finding online quizes!

mine was 4.2, but to be fair when i live at home i eat a lot more locally grown/unprocessed stuff. i find that harder to do living in japan. we'd need 2.3 planets for everyone to share my lifestyle.

I was 4.2 as well, no surprises really as I already know I use more than my share of resources if we take a global per capita share outlook. Very few people living in devloped countries would be able to claim a sustainable lifestyle based on this kind of survey.

Although there are plenty of quantative grey areas in this survey, I guess it does give some kind of a clue as to what you're doing.

5.5 = 3.1 planets

"IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 4.8 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON. "

- What, including those people who drive to the Lawson and leave their engine idling in the carpark with aircon on?

But not, I think.

> How much of the food that you eat is processed, packaged and imported?

I wonder if some of you with low scores realize how much food you eat is imported. Basically, any carbohydrate other than rice and most protein you eat is imported - including udon, soba, tofu, and eggs (the grain for making the eggs is all imported). Most people who don't grow any food at all would have to answer more than half on the question.

CATEGORY GLOBAL HECTARES

FOOD 1.8

MOBILITY 0.7

SHELTER 0.4

GOODS/SERVICES 0.6

----------------------

TOTAL FOOTPRINT 3.5

not too bad, I only need 1.9 planets! I think its cos my flat and car are both fairly small. I just need to cut down on the meat and imported food.