Anybody ever see these shows about hosts?

WTF? I don't understand how these dudes get payed like 1,500,000 yen plus a month for getting all fu*ked up and spittin lame ass game to cute girls. How do I get a job like that?

Thinking about opening an English school with full wet bars in the classrooms, and a foldout sofa/bed. How sick would that be? Where's my buisness partner? More importantly wheres my students? cool.gif

2PM, not all hosts make that much, but some get waaaaaayyy more than that eek.gif The hair could be a problem.

Well, from what I understand hosts just cheer up the ladies to make them feel better about themselves. Then the girls can pay an extra fee to "take-out" dude. It's crazy, these women spend griploads of cash on one night. You gotta see one of those TV shows, they are on all the time. Shinjuku is really popular for the host scene.

A lot of hotshot women execs seem to like going and splashing their wealth onto these quite repulsive-looking young men in hilarious suits.

I suppose they have nothing better to do with their evenings in a city with more people in it than the entire population of Canada.

Recently in the several moments of TV that I watch every month, I've seen a lot of a porcine-looking 50-something dressed up as Cinderella and showing reporters around her dimly-lit nocturnal empire. Apparently she runs a 'very high-class' (i.e., extremely overpriced) hostess club. She keeps saying that being a hostess is the same as being a babysitter. Having heard her say the same thing several times already, I imagine she says it ALL the time, to anyone who might listen. I think hosts and hostesses must be the symptom of a really horrible malaise that city-folk catch somehow.

Then there are the host and hostess clubs catering to hosts and hostesses ... yikes!

i've never been to either a host or a hostess bar, so am pretty much ignorant of the inner workings other than what i've heard from reading and talking to people who've gone....but is there that huge of a difference between host and hostess bars? other than that there are far fewer host bars?

Many host bars service hostesses after they have knocked off work for the night.

I Have seen the shows ya talk about JP and for the money they blow (millions in a night) there is no sofistication to it at all. Some on those shows act like a bunch of footy players in the change rooms after a match on saturday arvo.

And the mark up? 20 times for a bottle of bubbly? Ridiculous.

those shows are interesting to say the least. no sophistication whatsoever. those `hosts` just ponce around in over-priced suits and lots of accessories.

i got a card yesterday from a student and she said that in tha future she wanted to be a `Grand Hostess` or an English teacher. bit of a difference hey confused.gif

Hostesses who have got their conversational shit together can be quite fun, but most of them haven't. The best of them have inherited the geisha arts, and it's stimulating being in their company, even if you know at the start it's not going to go anywhere. I've met about two like that. The others just bored me stupid.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Me too.

Having said that, I don't think I've ever seen many hostesses apart from on TV. Where can we find them (for research purposes) \:\)
Man, hostesses are everywhere.
You just don't notice, I think every girlfriend I've ever had has been a hostess at some point. Pretty good money for just talking shit. Half the girls in Shibuya have been a hostess at some point. The makeup is like a tie to salerymen.
 Quote:
Originally posted by powwwers:

i got a card yesterday from a student and she said that in tha future she wanted to be a `Grand Hostess` or an English teacher. bit of a difference hey confused.gif
That sounds like "ground hostess", the Japanese way of saying ground staff for an airline. Someone who works at checkin.

You can give her some valuable preparation by giving her a 30kg bag of snow gear to lift and then remonstrating for twenty minutes. All you have to do is keep saying "I'm not ferking paying extra!" in an increasingly loud voice.

The way the airlines are going, its a wonder why anyone would want to work there. All the American ones have been defaulting on their pension plans. The future of mass air transport, if there is one, is Ryanair, an unglorified bus service with similar wages, no doubt.