I was talking to my mum on the phone this evening and she told me that my cousin's girlfriend had had a baby boy. They've given him not one, but three middle names, which I think is a bit over the top.

What's the point of middle names anyway? Does anyone actually use theirs?

I was named after my grandfather. Never liked the name (liked him). My middle name feels more like me. Anyways, my parents, the one's who named me, started calling me by my middle name from birth. First name was just sort of honorific.

I have an Hawaiian friend that gave his baby a middle name like 40 letters long (in Hawaiian)! The kid won't be able to spell it until he's 14.

I have no idea why they had to have three middle names! Haven't spoken to that particular cousin in a couple of years so I'm a bit out of the loop.

I don't use my middle name, nor do I use my real first name (haven't since I was a kid).

Hehe, it's not actually a big secret or anything.

My real name is Nicolina, which is basically the Italian variant of Nicole. The 'ina' bit on the end is this quirky thing the Italians sometimes do when naming baby girls - kind of like a pet name. You're meant to drop the 'ina' bit when they become teenagers.

But I insisted everyone call me Nicole when I started grade one. My parents sometimes call me Nicolina to annoy me. \:o

hehe, pricks eh! That's cool. Kinda like the Japanese using ko (not so often with kids now) for girls names. Keiko, Natsuko, Setsuko, Unko ( lol.gif sorry for that last one any J-speakers)

NIcole: Ours are Hana, Sora, Shun, Ruka (Luka).

Had to keep them to 2 syllables in cash the NZ releys couldn't pronounce them.

My wife's name is Hiromi, but she get Hirome, and Hiromu etc from all my kin in NZ.

Meaning 1: Yes

Meaning 2: Just another word for bitch, generally used by one girl against another (my sisters used to call eachother BPs when fighting lol.gif and the word stuck as a favourite of mine)

Meaning 3: The old inoshishi as in the big mythical buggers that could talk in Mononokehime