Water, that is!

Experts say we should drink 2 litres a day. I usually only drink around 1 litre per day, on average, so today I decided to drink the recommended 2 litres. I found it quite tough, and a little annoying with constant trips to the bathroom. It's definitely not something I could do every day.

How much do you drink?

2L every day. used to be 4, but now not quite so active, so 2. it really does make a difference in your energy levels, and is great for your skin and hair. i'm sure you know all that but when you actually drink that much you notice a difference and miss it when you don't do it.

if it's boring because of the lack of taste add a little lemon juice; yummy and good for digestion.

2 litres in winter up to 4l in summer.

If I go mountain biking I can drain a 3L Camelbak in 3 hours in summer. (half water, half sports drink)

factor in Oolong, ocha, mugi-cha, herbal teas, juice and sports drink and I drink a lot.

I am proponent of high water intake, the human body is like a 'water body' are you fresh flowing mountain stream or a stagnant coffee filled duck pond?

my gym has great filter on dispaly in the locker rooms, that I fill PET bottles up with (gotta put them to some use huh?), its a "fountain cure" brand.

http://www.nikkei-j.com/water_air/product/foun.html#stract

foun_stract.gif

I also have a water distiller at home, but lately I have been using the gym filter more. I figure its the one life necessity I can have control over the quality. Air on the other hand is air and its very hard to control the quailty you breathe, but water is much more controllable. If you are going to drink lots, drink the good stuff.

You'd be suprised if you kept a water bottle by your side the whole day how easy it is to drink more than 2L.

In summer it get easier for me and usually I mix it up with home made mugi cha to give myself abit of taste.

i drink alot of water in the evening when i am at home.

easily drink 6-8 glasses in the space of a few hours.

i dont drink that much during the day. maybe a few glasses with lunch.

and if i have my nalgene bottle with me i will fill it up at every possibility, so can easily drink 2L.

Gamera, you can't count coffee. It dehydrates you, so the more coffee you drink, the more water you need to drink.

I don't drink coffee or tea but I do try to start the day off by drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice. It's mean to flush all the mucus and toxins from your system (or so I've been told).

Nicole, that's not entirely true. I thought the same thing for a long time but in reality only alcoholic beverages have a net negative effect on your hydration. Coffee and tea will contribute to hydration but at a lower rate than water (i can't remember the exact numbers).

In fact for many people most of their water comsumption actually comes from the food they eat and not the things they drink.

yup, but of course if all you drink is coffee and soda you might have other health issues to think about \:\)

small addition, if you drink caffeinated drinks often you're body develops a tolerance and becomes less and less affected by the diuretic effect.