Anyone had any?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

US court backs hallucinogenic tea

A small US congregation can use hallucinogenic tea as part of its rituals to connect with God, the Supreme Court has ruled.

The unanimous decision is court's first religious freedom case since Chief Justice John Roberts was appointed.

The hoasca tea is considered sacred to members of the group, O Centro Espirita Beneficente Uniao do Vegetal.

In its ruling, the court said the government must allow the use of the tea under religious freedom laws.

Mr Roberts wrote that federal drug agents should have been barred from confiscating the tea.

However, the justices sent the case back to a federal appeals court, which could consider more evidence.

The administration of President George W Bush had argued that the tea was illegal and potentially dangerous.

Members of the group believe they can understand God only by drinking the tea, which is consumed twice a month at four-hour ceremonies.

The brewed tea, made from two plants that grow in the Amazon, contains dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, a controlled substance banned under federal drug laws.

About 130 members of a Brazil-based church were involved in long-running dispute with federal agents, who seized their tea in 1999.

Mr Roberts, is a conservative, was appointed to the court last year.

Since he replaced another conservative, William Rehnquist, that change was not thought likely to affect the court's balance.

Nope. But I've heard it's pretty potent stuff, especially when ingested. Apparently the real danger is that it can cause people to have a severe reaction to other prescription drugs that they might be taking.

I think it's funny that they still believe in god even though the only way they can 'understand' him/her is by taking a psychoactive drug.

Quote:
still believe in god even though the only way they can 'understand' ... is by taking a psychoactive drug.
Replace the word 'god' (myth) with the word 'life' (reality) and your statement still makes sense.

is it not strange at all. especially if you have done DMT. in order to commune with a celestial being one must remove one's self from the physical existance that they currently ocupy.

is it not just as strange to say that someone requires god(myth) in order to understand life (reality)?

I agree with Davers last point.

To better understand the reality of life, if I were given a choice between

(a) drugs and

(B) god...

... I choose drugs.

Although that is a meaningless proposal as god does not exist in the first place whilst drugs most certain;y do. So Reality comprehension really is a choice between

(a) drugs and

(B) drugs.

on DMT, you meet other intellgent beings existing in other dimensions. its hard to write it off as just the effect of chemicals on your brain - its a totally authentic experience. it's pretty much the most truly psychedelic mindboggling trip you can have - makes LSD or mushrooms seem about as trippy as a bag of smarties. read up on Terrance McKenna - he was a big advocate.

yeah i had some. havent had mescaline so i cant say. way more intense than mushrooms. you have to lie down & shut your eyes. it only lasts about 10-20 minutes, & you smoke it. sends you right down the rabbit hole... its very potent stuff. only for experienced psychedelic explorers! hope its ok to talk about this sort of thing on this forum?

Drugs don't bring me any closer to reality. It's more of an escape from reality if anything.

I've dabbled in the odd substance and have seen and felt some crazy things - but I've always been aware that these things weren't a reality.

I think this is how it works for most people - well, most people I know anyway.

I think when you start to use psychoactive substances frequently, you begin to question reality to the point where your mind gets messed up. Some people develop serious paranoias and phobias, especially if they aren't stable-minded to begin with.

"LPL, have you done DMT? Is it more like mescaline than shrooms?"

more like ketamine really. the difference between DMT and mushrooms is like the difference between mushrooms and sugar. they are worlds (literally in this case)

I had a friend who ingested a similar tea. If taken orally DMT MUST be mixed with another plant with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Usually Psychotria viridis is used which has high levels of DMT. It's usually mixed with Banisteriopsis caapi, which have harmala alkaloids that are powerful MAOIs. The two are boiled into a tea.

If DMT is taken Orally it lasts longer than any other method of ingestion.(about an hour)

As a young wook I would attend rainbow gatherings in the states where DMT was always available for smoking. It's very heady. Comparable to Mescaline / Peyote, but very short. Hits you like a ton of bricks, but mellows out after 10 min. or so. If you ever try this you must be very prepared (I wasn't). It can be scary. I'll never touch it again.

On another note

I've seen plants containing DMT, as well as Peyote for sale at shops in Japan. Theyre not illegal because they are classified as poisonous plants rather than psycoactive ones, just like mushies were. They'll figure it out eventually after someone famous gets f*cked up.

>On another note

I've seen plants containing DMT, as well as Peyote for sale at shops in Japan. Theyre not illegal because they are classified as poisonous plants rather than psycoactive ones, just like mushies were. They'll figure it out eventually after someone famous gets f*cked up.

I always laughed walkin into head shops and seeing a dozen strains of shrromz for sale there. The bloke behind the counter always seemed like he had a tea of that stuff next to him cuz he was out there... too bad they banned them as once a year or so they were fun \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
Are you sure?

From what I've heard about DMT it brings on pretty intense feelings/hallucinations. Ketamine is a tranq... I can't see how it would be comparable?
I don't believe what I just read. Why don't you try both and pass and educated opinion ;\)

You have an opinion yet no experience on which to base it.

being told what a drug is like is about as insightful as being told what the moon surface feels like under your feet. So no matter what you have heard, you just don't know and so can't comment, let alone refute the learned opinions of others.

What a load of crap!

For your information, I have taken ketamine before - I wasn't 'refuting' Daver's opinion, simply asking for clarification based on my own experience with one of the substances mentioned.

I think I have just as much right to comment as you do - I might not be Pete Doherty but does that mean I can't have an opinion on the subject?