• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They televised the final over here live yesterday morning. I think it was then repeated almost on a constant loop for the rest of the day. I only saw half of it but it looked great. Even if you're a bit iffy about the show, the final is really very entertaining. Whilst they can get a bit smoltzy at times, one thing you have to say about the Americans, is that they know how to put on a show. I'm not sure if this figure is for the winner or the combined total, but something like 67mill people voted!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rag-Doll:
I'm not sure if this figure is for the winner or the combined total, but something like 67mill people voted!
thats more votes than george dubblya got. and i think that answers a lot of questions right there confused.gif

Is that really 67 million different people though? I heard that a lot of the fans just vote continuously for the 2 hours the lines are open and get in 10 or 15 votes each.

I missed this thread coz I thought there might be spoilers before it was on in Japan. Was on last night so suppose its ok now.

Glad Taylor won, though got a bit fed up waiting for the result and the show they put on. I'm not into all that one little bit.

I think all the "superstars" sounded goddam awful, especially Meatloaf (wtf?) and wont you plese shut up Mary J Blithe or whatever she is called. Painful. I'd have liked to have heard what Simon thought of those performances lol.gif

I didn't mind the show with all the other people. The highlights were not musical though. I loved the shock on that boy's face when Clay came on stage to sing with him and Kelly falling off her chair at the live lobster they served her.

Meatloaf was pretty bad. I think that crazy guy did a better job of singing his song and that is saying something!

I don't think it really matters who won in the end. The top 8 or so will proabably all get chances to record over the next year or so.

Meatloaf was worse that bad. He was a total embarrassment. Others weren't much better either.

What do they actually win apart from the status? Is it some contract or something?

Taylor make me laugh every time he sing, even slow romantic one. He looks funny! But I liked him.

I never heard Meatloaf before.. is he popular?

ちょっと・・・   \:\)

If they go on to sell millions like the other winners, that 10K is nothing is it.

Who'd have thought Taylor would have won way back.....

Chris and the Live guy sounded pretty good. I don't think you could find a more compatible couple. Kinda spooky how similiar they looked.

Taylor might not have been the most talented but he is a guy you would go to see if he played your local pub. He's got charisma and a good voice. I thought he should have done a Joe Cocker song, however.

Quote:
Chris and the Live guy sounded pretty good
The Live guy being the baldy guy that rocker dude sang with on that final show? I thought they were a noisy mess.... like someone else said, I'd have liked to have heard Simons comments on all these celebs. That would have been interesting.