It was 9:30 last night and I was sitting down with a beer after a busy day just flicking through the channels. I came across Fox and "American Idol". I would normally have flicket striaght on with a Nooooooooo waaaaaay, but Simon Cowells comments just the moment I put it on caught my attention and I started watching it.

And it was hilarious.

Reharsals in different US cities for the American Idol competition with all these losers and bimbos 'singing' and thinking they are just so great. And more often than not Mr Simon coming up with some cracking put down comments.

I know it shouldn't be fun, and it's almost embarrassing to admit it, but I had a good laugh. Perhaps I was just in a strange mood.

\:\)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the auditions hilarious to watch too. It's also really sad because a lot of the really, really awful ones actually believe they're going to make it through. It must absolutely shatter their spirit and self esteem to be shut down like that!

I've been out of the US for a long time..long enough not to really know about this show but I was in Honolulu last year having dinner at a Toni Roma's and suddenly the tv's started broadcasting American Idol. To my shock, everyone in the restaurant (and it was packed), stopped eating (except me), and watched with enthusiasm. wakaranai.gif

I've been watching it too. Been laughing out loud at home by myself.

A few of the omments by Simon that stuck in my head:

after rejecting one fat guy, "just as well, we couldn't have afforded the food bill."

"Get out, you've actually given me a headache"

"You sound like a drowing cat"

"even the out of tune notes were out of tune"

Love it!

• 1 month later...

I think it will be the rock guy too (Chris). Hope so anyway. Girlswise I think the blond country girl is so funny - Simon called her a minx but she said I'm not a fur coat or something like that! Clueless.

Katherine looks a bit like Catherine Zeta Jones.