if they say such nice things about me.

Barclays bank is ditching pens on chains and re-branding ATMs "holes in the wall" in a £7m branch revamp.

The bank said it wants to move away from confusing acronyms and jargon, using "more colloquial" terms instead.

Uplifting window displays and signage will also feature in the bid to make branches more customer friendly.

Customers will be beckoned into branch with a sign in the window reading: "Through this door walk the nicest people in the world".

People waiting in the personal banking area will be invited to sit down with the sign "Take the weight off your feet."

Customer service will have new signs asking "Can I help?", while the Bureau de Change will simply be called "Travel Money" in future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4674548.stm

Haha, is it true customer service or not giving the public enough credit for their intelligence? Isn't ATM a well known and used acronym in the UK? Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how this drastic rebranding does in a saturated and probably stale market.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
I thought "holes in the wall" are what homos drill in toilet walls for their own deviant ends.
huh? I thought those things had girls on the other side!!?? That's what they guys told me!

Oh god, I feel sick.

(joking)