The experience of renewing my drivers licence

I went through that too!

My record was unblemished for the last three years and if that's was what I had to go through, I can't imagine the punishment for those who have had points deducted (in different class)! Did anyone enjoy the video? lol.gif

Quote:
I don't have to worry. Co. pays all.

The fact that you use your international licence is an offence and therefore render the insurance void. If anything happens to you while driving, you will be uninsured and will be personally liable (without limit) to compensate the victims and pay for property damages as well as going to jail.

When I got my first J-licence I was told to bring a Japanese friend with me. She said she felt like a criminal by the time we left the place. They asked all sorts of funky questions like the makes & models of all the cars I'd ever driven starting with the one I'd learnt in. Didn't need to much paperwork though - just a couple of pics, my licence from home & an official translation of it done by JAF for 5000yen.

Got a gold licence now - the renewal was pretty easy & the video short. Another good thing about a gold is the penalty points get wiped after 3 months rather than the one year with the blues.