refund from snowboard company

I ordered 2 boards from an American company but I'm having problems with them. It's a long story but I ordered and paid for 2 boards in mid-December. Originally they said they'd deliver to Japan then after I ordered and paid they said they wouldn't. I then ordered with a US address but only one board arrived. I told the company who said they'd send the second board but it never came. After contacting them about that I was told they'd deliver the boards to Japan so I sent the one board I'd received back to the company for them to forward to me in Japan. I haven't heard from them since. It's now late in the season so I've asked for a refund but they haven't replied to my emails yet.

What? The second one never came so you sent it back? You mean you sent the first one back? I dunno what you can do but in Oz there is a consumer protection agency that you can contact for those kinds of probs. Maybe there is a similar organization/agency in America?? Who is the company?

Hi Bushpig. Thanks for your mail. Sorry, I've edited my mail since you replied so there's more info in it now. The company is sideways people. I paid by paypal so I was wondering if maybe I'm covered by them. To be honest not much time has gone by since I asked for a refund but I'm starting to worry as they've been consistently poor in contacting me and delivering the goods.

righteeo. Ignore my comment on the boards then! I don't know if paypal would cover you for anything but I think their policy regarding that kind of thing is available on their website. Check that, or maybe even send an email asking them about it. I don't see how they can really do much to help you though. I think your best bet would be (as I mentioned above) to see if there is any kind of consumer watch-dog in the states. I'm sure there would be something to do with internet sales. Other than that, I would just keep bugging the company. Good luck mate.

At first I thought it was a small company but then each time I heard back from them (4 or 5 times) it was from different people. Of course I listed the names of all the people I'd corresponded with each time.

It was all a very frustrating process. Thankfully it's over now (I hope) although it set me back a few thousand yen for postage and I didn't get my new board. Oh well...I'm still having fun on this board.