I have a question in the snow report from I think the 24th, there was mention of a bar in Kutchan with a skateboard ramp in it - can I get the name of the bar and do you need to take your own skateboard as well? I am heading there in 3 days so am keen to know if I need to take my own board. Anyone who knows please respond!! Thanks

Youre gonna go all the way from Queensland to Hokkaido to snowboard and you wonder if ya should take your skateboard? People priorities these days wakaranai.gif

Mate, dont know if there is one or not but if you have that much energy after boarding Niseko for a day and you still need to blow off some energy, go for it!

Lets taking skateboard!

Just want to be able to skate whilst having a few beers - that would be sick and yeah energy factor is no worries... Most Queenslanders have ADHD or some form of it... No disrespect to those who are true sufferers. Anyone know anything about original question? Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Southern:
Just want to be able to skate whilst having a few beers -
sorry cant help with your question, but drinking and skating? you arent by chance part of the crew for the TV show Jackass?
stretcher.gif

No offence to the respondents here, but are you people here all over 40 retirees? Anyone who skates knows that a few beers enhances your skills. I'd be interested to find out about this bar in Kutchan too Southern, cos I leave for Niseko tonight and I will be hitting it for sure!

It's easy to chuck your skateboard in with your snowboard (as it's comparatively small), in fact i'm going to go do that now! Thanks for reminding me dude. If you want to hit it up together bro i'll be staying at Lodge Bam Boo in Hirafu for the next month. Come see me, my names Jeremy (Jezza), just ask around.

The only other shop/bar skatepark i've been too was in Vancouver. There weren't any lend boards there so you shouldn't assume that there will be in Kutchan... I think it may be a liability thing and besides, nothing beats your own board.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ausbc:
No offence to the respondents here, but are you people here all over 40 retirees? Anyone who skates knows that a few beers enhances your skills.
No, I am not in that category, but I agree with many of the comments here, that beer when sk8ing does me more harm than good. I have done it on occasions and never found it as enjoyable cos I didn't feel quite as in control of the board. Ollies, etc. became a lot less stable. I don't really like drinking while I'm boarding either. After is sweet, but not during.

haha fair enough. Sorry that little quip before was a bit harsh, the people on this message board are really cool and helpful and undoubtedly still in their prime! Yes it is a subjective thing Bushpig...I think generally, from what i've seen from my experience skating here in west oz, a majority of people can still skate pretty well after a few beers (I myself fall under this category....but i'm really not that good to be honest - drunk or sobre!).

I always found it to be not the best combo. Usually makes me super keen to try and pull off some big stuff and the ramp while at the same time, rapidlly diminishing my ability to do anything. Always end up with a few big slams and hang ups. Still fun though!

Ausbc, I'm living in Perth now, should catch up when you get back and trade a few Niseko stories mate!

Currently skating a Censor deck - am not really into it as much as I was a few years back but still like to have a crack every now and then - actually this will be a long time coming, lets hope I don't break anything...

you all sound like a bunch of women!

What's wrong with having the odd beer and a skate?

Didn't hear southern say that he was going to skull half a carton and do it...

Good luck in finding ya pipe mate

Hi everyone, I didn't really want to start a convo about drinking and skateboarding etc just wanted the name of the bar - anyway if anyone does know please post it asap as I am nearly on that plane. Cheers and thanks for everyone's replies...

This conversation brings back memories: I grew up in a small town that luckily had a very big outdoor aluminium half-pipe. We were typical 16-17 year old guys and so got drunk and smoked pot in our holidays. In those days I didn't drink much at all, but was into other silly stuff. One day a mate of mine was showing off to the usual gang of ramp girls and he got too drunk and threw up on the transition. It was a hot summer day and his puke cooked within a few minutes on the metal surface. As a result of this huge fried-hard lumpy puke, we couldn't skate the ramp. It progressively became harder and harder over the ensuing hot summer days. It the end we took some water to soften in and scrape it off.