I just read a review of a book, and seen this before..... "a rip snorting read".

Does anyone actually know what "rip snorting" means?!

Don't you just love the random adjectives and unsubstantiated praise on reviews/book covers like that. Got to laugh.

What the "Wired World of Sports" stuff?? I think I heard all of them at one stage or another. All classic. Being an AFL boy I probably missed a lot of the references, but I know enough of Fatty, etc, to get most of it. Good stuff eh!

Wired world of sports.......Classic. Do you remember that Rick Disnic skit. "well Rick, you hit that vaulting horse ****ing hard. What was the story, did you have a shoe malfunction or did you just **** up?"

"No Darryl, I really just ****ed up"

The latest 12th man was a hoot a well, with Richie retiring and hanging up the beige/offwhite/bone jacket and moving to France to live in France and make some cheeky reds at "Chateau ver de floor" lol.gif

Some more great ones

"Romp"

"Marvellous set pieces" (= no story)

"Pulse racing plot" (= no characters)

"Hilarious" (= not at all funny)

"An... astonishing....brilliant.... read" (= original quote was 'an astonishing indictment of the publishing industry. Who had the brilliant idea of wringing a book out of someone who can barely read?')

lol.gif