Osetchi sp? isn't really my favorite food. It's pretty austere when you compare it with Christmas dinner. Given the amount of food I consumed back home it'll be a good thing for me to eat cold renkon and the like for a change.

I was helping my mom today (trying to be nice to my parents. \:\) )

-Flower arrangement

-Making Osechi (Iridori, Namasu, Matsumae-zuke, Kuri-kinton, Kuromame...)

It took so much time to make Osechi and I'm so tired...

Toshikoshi-soba tonight and we'll have Otoso, Ozoni, Osechi for breakfast tomorrow and probably same food another few days... Very traditional and I'm so tired......... \:\(

Prawns, oysters, and a nice unhealthy aussie bbq ;\)

Although I have to admit that this is more like the xmas or boxing day food... New Year's Day fare is more likely to be a long sleep and some water...

Although Boxing day with the family this year involved a nice big serving of yaki soba... I did my best to show off my vast (ie, one dish) Japanese cooking skills \:\)

G'day sunrise wave.gif

Yep, back home for the holidays. Been a busy boy which has kept me from sj too much lately, but hopefully the cold weather with drag me back out of stragerhood \:\)

You want me to pick anything up for you while I'm here?

Please, oh please, put an end to the osechi season! It already feels like its been two weeks. I'm about to sneek off to the ski-jo and get some nasty curry!

HI Sven,

Not that I can think of offhand.... thanks for the offer, though. (I hope to be there maybe in March or so). Yes, you must have been pretty busy with your job. Hope to catch up with you again sometime...