Yes, I have.

Curious. Are we not allowed to ask a simple question now, or start a new topic? Perhaps we should all take more care before we write to consider the consequences of, shock, ASKING A QUESTION.

Thanks for the link anyway.

sorry guys, just a gut reaction.

the question just seemed a little redundant.

type the topic title into google and u will find the answer in less time than it takes to write the question.

by posting something like that, it just seems like u want someone else to do the work for u.

Makes for an interesting topic though.

"The world’s second-highest lift is in China. A six-seater gondola rises up Jade Dragon Snow Mountain to a top station claimed to be at 4,516 metres (14,816 feet). Snow cover is year-round."

--- wow, bet it's cold up there...!

For most people that's too high to ski but not for the Bolivians, if they can afford to. I'm sure they have better things to do most of the time though. 14,000 feet isn't too high either, there's plenty of places in Colorado to ski from that height if you don't mind climbing to get there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Teledude:
For most people that's too high to ski but not for the Bolivians, if they can afford to. I'm sure they have better things to do most of the time though. 14,000 feet isn't too high either, there's plenty of places in Colorado to ski from that height if you don't mind climbing to get there.
Yeah, even lift-serviced stuff at A-basin is nearly that high, eh? Like 13,005 ft. 50+ peaks in Colorado that are higher than 14,000. Can't say I've even climbed one, let alone skied it... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> confused.gif

Probably no better than the snow in Niigata ;\) Or maybe... better than the snow in Niigata.

The snow in Niigata gets a bad wrap I feel - if you go up to Kagura after a snowfall, the snow up there is often excellent.

\:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ito-Will:
Slightly off topic but still topical..... in october 2000 a Slovenian guy skied down from the top of Everest at 8848m down to a base camp around 5000 and something meters. Obviously not for everyone - ha ha - but you don't get much higher!

Link about it all - http://www.everest.simobil.si/eng/default.shtml
That's amazing! I have done a lot of mountaineering in the NW US and spent 3 months in Alaska on the Juneau Icefield. Top elevations were maybe 12,000 feet. Base camp at Everest is 14,400! My mentor and professor on the icefield, Maynard Miller, climbed Everest back in the 60's I believe and had harrowing tales. John Krakauer, who wrote 'Into thin Air' is from my college town of Corvallis, Oregon and I've spoken with him about his experiences there. Anyway, that is no small feat to ski down from there, let alone have the strength to even put your skis on at that altitude! Kudos to Davo Karnicar clap.gif

Here's my question though - yeah, I wear the same pair of goofy glacier glasses when I climb, but what in the hell is up with the Euros and the bandanas around the neck????? The equivalent to the Japanese with the white towels around their heads confused.gif \:D

aslik_207.jpg

14,000 feet? I think if you convert 5,400m to feet, its a little higher than that, almost 18,000 feet.

I've skiied at Chacaltaya - certainly some of the crappiest skiing I've ever done, but definitely in the most unique of circumstances. Well recommended! The coca leaves are definitely the go.

Hem now