My coworker (also my good friend) came into work this morning looking red-eyed and miserable.

Turns out her boyfriend of almost one year (their anniversary is next week) broke up with her last night - via sms. Talk about pathetic! I honestly can't think of a more pissweak way to do it.

So, what's the harshest dumping you've ever received/delivered?

I've only been dumped once, but it scarred me for most of my teenage years. I was 16 and had been going out with a guy for a month. I thought it was love - turns out he didn't. He broke up with me at the after party of our semi-formal, and no more than five minutes later I found him hooking up with some drunk girl in a garden. mad.gif

Worst dumping I've delivered was breaking up with a guy the day before Valentine's Day. I just wasn't really into him - and I didn't want to celebrate Valentine's with him because I was afraid he'd pop the L-word.

The next day I received a bunch of roses as well as a bunch of heart-shaped helium balloons at work. Apparently he'd pre-ordered them and the company wouldn't cancel with less than 48 hour's notice. I felt suitably rotten. \:o

The best is not to buy anything for your girlfriend for Valentines. It is a artificial commercially-driven rip-off which is forced and has zero effect of surprise. Better to surprise your better half outside the Valentines season. It will be more genuine (cheaper as well \:D ).

Quote:
Originally posted by yamayamayama:
You might end up with a disappointed and "feeling unloved" gf then though.....however much they denounce it as "artificial".
Agreed! Nothing worse than seeing everyone else get Valentine's Day presents and not getting anything yourself...

Anyway, enough about Valentine's day - bring on the dumping anecdotes!
 Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
He broke up with me at the after party of our semi-formal, and no more than five minutes later I found him hooking up with some drunk girl in a garden. mad.gif
at least he had the decency to dump you rather than just cheating on you!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
 Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
He broke up with me at the after party of our semi-formal, and no more than five minutes later I found him hooking up with some drunk girl in a garden. mad.gif
at least he had the decency to dump you rather than just cheating on you!
Yes, it was very thoughtful of him, wasn't it? lol.gif

I was told I had been dumped by my girlfriend (A) when I was at college by my girlfriends friend (B).

She (B) came round to tell me.

That night the girlfriends friend (B) became my girlfriend and we were together for 4 years.

She (B) was far nicer than the old girlfriend (A) anyway.

Good deal I thought!

I know this doesn't constitute a breakup story, but I agreed to go out with a girl to get the 30 cents I needed to buy an ice-cream at the school canteen when I was 14. Needless to say that lasted only a little longer than the ice-cream...

• 2 weeks later...

Great topic!

The worst dumping I've recieved was when the girl I was seeing just stopped calling and wouldn't reply to me...nice! confused.gif

The worst dumping I've ever given was by packing my things and calling my girlfriend of 3 years from my new home/job/life in France....we lived in the UK.

I had only seen my girlfriend once in over a year, during last summer, so I decided that I wanted to buy her a plane ticket to Japan as a christmas present. she was only temping at the time so it shouldn't have been a problem...

However, once I told her this she replied with the news that she was about to move in with a new fella in London.

Thats my worst experience, not sure what I did to deserve it.

> not sure what I did to deserve it.

Um, lived away from her for a whole year perhaps? Call me cruel-hearted, but I always chuckle when I hear people talk about 'my girlfriend' in another country who they haven't seen in 6 months.

At college I was going out with someone 40km away. To me that was long distance, didn't work out. I can't imagine my special girlfriend living on the other side of the world! Does that work for many people I wonder.