The decorative Vermont Castings ones in Oceans link are extremely expensive in Japan. The poshest one costs under 2000 US inc delivery to 48 continental states, which presumably includes the container ports if you buy one yourself. In Japan, the sticker price is 660,000 yen. It's taking the piss.

You got enough wood for another stove Fatty?

That one looks fine. It's got a flat top so you can cook on it or at least stick a kettle on to humidify the place and stop everyone getting sore throats.

If you can properly seal and insulate your place, you mightn't need another stove in the long run. That fireplace is pretty big.

Hi!

I know very well that you are not going to import 200 kg of iron from denmark, but Dk has a long tradition for making ovens and stoves. this page may give you some inspiration.

http://www.braendeovnen.dk/Morsoe/Morsoe.htm

click on the names

"Morsø" "lotus" "hekla" "meteor"

for pictures of their products. at the bottom of the page there is a link for more pictures, click on "Flere billeder"

Thunderpants, do you have masonry stoves in Denmark (made out of bricks or stone)? They burn very cleanly and let out their heat gradually. I'd love to have one, but if you don't build them properly they can explode...

There's one of those masonry heaters in the Wiggles dream home. Its still a dream of course. One charge a day burnt at super-high temp. Then freshly baked goodies and jiwari jiwari for next twenty hours or so.

i don't know O11, but since danes have a long tradition in baking bread, i would think so.

i once stayed with an aussie guy in california who built stone ovens, amazing things. once heated up, he was able to bake bread for 4 or 5 days.

He learned the building of those ovens in denmark back in the 70's, in our "alternative village" in copenhagen www.christiania.org (not the best website)

from the link in my previous post i learned a bit about iron ovens. Some of them are made with double walls, for slower heating,

plate steel vs cast iron.

interesting world!

Fishing? What does it mean?

I have never found any with that function that's why I asked.

Mr.W, it looks nice. It looks like a radder goes behind it. Wonder where the timny goes.

Misos Kainz closes at 8 p.m. if I remember right.