1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I hope Japans gets it. NZ has had it before as too SA. Japan has the best infrastructure and dont have to build anything.

It would good for world rugby and Japan rugby in general if Japan gets it. NZ had their chance for the last world cup but screwed it up (joint hosting with Australia) with petty sponsorship quabbles.

NZ has only 3 decent stadiums, the rest are crappy.

very shit (17th in the world and thats probably a mark against them in getting the rights but in saying that probably not a huge one as Misorano mentions a lot hs to do with money /sponsorship etc. Japan have a lot of global heavyweights sumi etc supporting their bid

YES YES YES YES YES!! unbelieveable that NZ got it. Full credit to Colin Meads/Jock Hobbs/ Tana Umaga and all those others behind the scenes and even Helen Clark san on this one! Its just brillant- gonna be an emotional day

BB:

After the intial dissapointment of JP not getting it, I'm stoked it went to NZ. clap.gif

You gonna go?

Gotta start reserving beds at friends places now eh?

Prob do what we did last time in OZ and get as many pool games in on a 2 week tour or so (got to 5 games last time (2NZ games + JP v USA, and a couple of others).

It's not surprising that the Japan news ignored that. If Japan had got them it would have been totally different of course. The news here often seems to like to "ignore" things like that. (Same everywhere I suppose to a degree).

P.s anyone want to see the Ireland Allblacks game? (that wasnt shown by the incompentent assclowns at Jsports) download it via bit torrent.

http://aussietorrents.com/vb/index.php

its a forum that posts links to Rugby, ARL, NRL, Cricket and more.

There are 2 captures of the game, the better one is the one from the poster Kanga.

Kind of disappointed it didn't go to Japan. Of course I'm happy for NZ just thought that it's more in the interests of broadening exposure to the game by having it here. I'm also supportive of anything that opens Japan up more to the outside world.

I think rugby has an uphill battle against soccer in attracting young people to actually play the game here. I also think that the Super 12 expansion should have included a Japanese and Pan-Pacific franchise.

Davo:

Right on mate.

A pacific team would be a big draw card anywhere.

Japan would pretty much have to pick a national team, but it would at least fit i with the season here.

But I think the SANZAR boys looks at the pie and want to divy it up between them.

Rugby is not doing enough to "feed the backs" in the Pacific Unions. Who would you rather see play, the "Perth Whatevers" or the "Pacific Panthers". In the end it's all driven by money and there's not the infrastructure or revenue potential in the Pacific nations to host games.

The disparities are a real shame when you consider how many of the best and most passionate players come from these countries. I don't know what the solution is but it's already at the point where some countries like Tonga can't afford to compete without handouts.

Seems that Japan has really gone sour grapes over the whole thing, which I think is a bit of a childish losers attitude to take. They should suck it in and get busy planning the next bid.

Having seen their national team play Ireland(an easy win for the green jerseys) to a crowd of ummm...5,000?, it seems to me that, apart from the money and the location in Asia, their bid is somewhat lacking in substance.

A friend who's involved in trying to encourage development of the game here says that the elitism of the game in Japan is a problem. He reckons they don't want things to change much. Japan has to look to the grassroots before they can begin fielding even semi-credible teams without the help of foriegn ring in's.

Agree with you 100% Davo.

The Pacific Panthers is a great idea. I can't understand the saffas getting an extra team as the 4 the had weren't theat flash.

I don't think funding a Pacific team would be a prob though as the marketing value would be huge. They'd easily be the most popular team if the played their traditional style.

The WC bid made a huge mistake making the Mori the head. His brand of back room dealings doesn't look good. He prob sat the other nations down in a room and threw money at them.

The whole of NZ knew about the bid and we for the most part behind it. The count down was in the papers daily. There was nothing here.

Your mate is right (it's not Kiwias in Tottori is it?). The game here needs work. I played in the Kyushu tourney quite a few time (Shakaijin Club). They would stop the games to make people pull upn their socks and tuck their shirts in. The head honcho in Kyushu is an anal rentive git who came up with all sorts of rules. Among others:

Only vertical strips on jersys

No sponsors logos

same color spats as shorts

no short sleeve jersys

total idiot

Misorano, that all sounds pretty rediculous, treating players like schoolboys. No I don't think he's got any connection to Tottori as he's in Osaka-could be wrong though. He was helping to show North Harbour round Nagoya when they came over this year.

Anyway, amazing result for the All Blacks last night clap.gif

Great game.

Didn't think Woodcocks charge on Hodgson was late but can't argue with the yellow cards too much.

I know we should kill the scots, but I think they need to get focused. Everyone is acting as if the GS has already been won.

Bit gutted about Japan loosing out on the WC bid. As a player and a spectator here rugby in Japan seriously needs a kick up the ass from grass roots level right through to the top league teams, instead of spending money on the few overseas stars and has beens and concentrate more on developing it within their own shores.

After the great job they did with the soccer world cup, and Australia and England had decided to lend there weight to the Japan bid I thought it was looking more and more likely, but alas wasn`t to be.

Was actually talking to some of the top league players from NEC and Kubota this weekend and they had heard that there was actually some oppostion within the JRFU to hosting the competition due to fears on the strain it would put on their own clubs and facilities!!! RIDICULOUS!!

Anyway congrats to NZ, hope there isn`t another arse up with the sponsorship boards this time!!!!