Those tarento doing the TV ads

I have just been watching tv and have been bombarded with some ads. Quite a few had some tarento in them. Example, that very slight Kiyoshi kid who sings the enka and all the obasans like. He was pointing at some washing up liquid and sang a line that lasted about 5 seconds at most. He also does a cocoa ad and sings for again for about 5 seconds and pulls this lustful look at his cup of cocoa and then smiles at the camera.

I just got to thinking - how much cash would they get for doing that? Anyone even able to hazard a guess, maybe some experience.

I wish I could earn cash that easily.

not sure about how much they're paid.

but how much do you think i'd need to pay to acquire me a little japanese kid, like the one in the cup noodle ad> y'know, he eats the noodles & suddenly turns into a rocker on a motorbike with hot girls all round him?

he's so cute, i hated the ad at first but now he gets me smiling every time...

Of course if you're unknown the pay (thru an agent) is, or was, usually around nijuman. Some agents pay less, like half that (bastards), some more. This would be for a featured role. Extras will get a lot less if there's a big crowd for instance.

> yikes, has anyone noticed meg ryan's crazy, scary face on the nescafe CM ?

H11 reckons she looks like the heroine of Terminator. The ravages of celebrity have certainly taken their toll on Meg. That and drinking loads of processed coffee for breakfast.

Takeshi Kaneshiro used to get 60 million yen a year for being the face of Geos. Only had to turn up for 2 or 3 shoots a year. Don't really know what he was getting paid for - it wasn't the exclusive rights to his face or anything because his mug was all over some pocari sweat and coffee ads at the same time.

013_10.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
who is that geos boy?
He's an actor (who's done stuff in Japan, Hong Kong & China). He's 1/2 Chinese and 1/2 Japanese. Father is Japanese, mother is Chinese (of Taiwanese nationality).
Speaks Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese, English, Taiwanese. That's why Geos chose him - but then they changed cos they wanted a more up-beat image, he wasn't attracting the "younger" customer. I suppose they got tired of the Japanese OL's going in to the eikaiwa schools and beg for the old ad posters too (no joke)!

Funny you should say that about Meg. I watched Top Gun again recently and she's in that - much younger of course, but she looks awful. I thought anyway, seemed much nicer looking in more recent things I've seen. (Not seen her in any ad here though)

Veggieman:

The guys that drive me nuts are the one's who think pulling a face is funny.

(Oh, and the guy who's only gag is to say his name "Micheal").

Shamed to admit it by I actually quite like the "Hard Gay" or whatever his name is guy. Something a little different from the monotonouse duos.

Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:
hg.jpg

This is the bloke
He and Michael both suck @ss :rolleyes:

They have one "skit routine" that they do, all the time, everytime. Another one of Japans great talents - producing $hit talento and making them famous thumbsdown.gif

At least blokes from Downtown and 99 are creative and funny; at least compared with those wankers :rolleyes:

Hey Yama, how's things?

Normally these guys piss me off, but this guy is so out there that I find him funny. Maybe it's cos I've only seen it once or twice (our TV reception is shite up here).

These guys do flog the same line over and over again.

How about those "Nande Darou" boys? [censored]!!!!

Tunnels are good for a laugh at times.

Don't know if we want to get started on this but the "boy bands" drive me nuts also. esp jonnies etc.