I am a surfboard rider since i was 8 years old so boarding came naturally to me 15 years ago even though i was originally a skier for a couple of years before that. In '92 i vowed i would never ski again and threw away my skis for good.

But then i have recently discovered telemarking which provides totally different and new sensations (way different to how I remember skiing). It even brings a new lease of life into my boarding. I wouldnt say its better than boarding (I am not good enough yet at it to judge maybe)

I totally respect downhill skiing and am wondering if I should try it again. has it changed that much with the new skis going around these days? (carving skis etc)

I would be interested to hear comments from boarders who are thinking of going back to skiing or have done so. 5 years ago I would have never contemplated it. Must be mellowing in my old age.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dayzed and confused

(great movie by the way...)...

I'm not a boarder, but I can say for a

fact the new skis out there today are

much more fun than the old sticks we used

to use...

less effort, more versatile == more fun...

and if you just watch some of the ski movies

out there today, you will see that new school

skiing is as sick (if not more) as anything

in the snowboard world...just my opinion...

danz

------------------

pray for snow

Ahhhh, they thought snowboarding was just a fad, they thought it would pass by like fashions do. How wrong they were and still are.

"and if you just watch some of the ski movies

out there today, you will see that new school

skiing is as sick (if not more) as anything

in the snowboard world."

Now look at them , trying to be as cool as snowboarders.

"The new school skiing is as sic` as the snowboard world", who are they trying to fool.

Skiis should be melted down and made into something useful like a chair lift or something.

Yep , I skiied for 16 years, took up snowboarding 9 years ago, purchased 5 snowboards and never looked back to skiing.

Took all ski related accessories down to cash converters and they didn`t want it either.

Who wants to be a skiier? Not me.

Return flame starts now!!!Anyone.

Hey guys

So the questions been asks a thousand times -- but I'm lazy. (i don't even live in Japan {yet)but hopefully by next July) -- I'm searching out the best region for boarding (though no quams against skiers -- we all shoot our shots the same way). If you have any suggestions on great areas to live that are near a park, I've got two eyes.

im a boarder,

it sucks how the few out-of-control boarders give a bad rep to everyone else...

the other day some boarder on a slope too hard for him crashed into my grandma,

lucky for him she was alright.

she is like 77 and still on skis,

Gotta have a helmet and insurance...

I've had skiers who come up behind me assuming I'm going to be following a skier sort of line and then do a very bad job of getting out the way when I follow a snowboard sort of line. Of course I can't see them because I don't have eyes in the back of my head. But I love them all.

I was a skier until last season, when I tried the board for the first time. Not fun at first, but by the 5th time on the mountain was having loads of fun....hope to continue that this coming season.

Boarder, mainly for medical reasons (bad ankles and knees) but my girlfriend is a skier, so I'm not biased.

Everyone is a snow rider, so deserves respect (well, except the tools on boards that give the rest of us a bad rep)