XP question - 'locking' my pc

I want to have it so that I punch a few keys to "lock" my PC when I am away from it. Maybe so that it goes to a screensaver or something.... and when I come back I type in a password to unlock it. Is there something in windows xp that lets me do that. Can't find anything....

Thanks!

I don't know about that but you can set it so that you need a password to switch back from screensaver. Might be a bit irriatating having to always put the password in everytime you stopped typing to think for a few mins though.

Thanks How do I do that? There is a "password" checkbox on my Display > Screensaver page, but when I check that it doesn't ask me to specify a password and it doesn't seem to require me to put in a password when I exit the screensaver. (Tried it when I had put the PC back on as well..)

yodel - that should work, thats how I have it set on mine. If you login to xp as "yodel" with a password, it should ask you for that same password before letting you out of the screensaver.

I'm not sure if there is a way to "Go To Screensaver" instantly though.....??

depending on the way its set up, you either just type your password in or sometimes you have to hit ctrl alt delete first.

like most things in windows its fairly self explanatory once you're looking at it.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Hey you overtook me in posts, I'm out of the top 5 now! mad.gif
Thats cuz I have nothing better to do than post BS here... \:o ;\)

>I use the f7 button a bit as it changes hiragana to katakana

Miso, what about the 半角/全角/漢字 button below the Esc key? You dont use that?

Yama:

I have to type in all the guests name to send to hotels. Having a button that converts to katakana is a time saver.

I think there are 2 systems for entering Japanese into computers. There is ATOK (from Just system)and the microsoft one (IME??)

I think the 半角/全角/漢字 button is different on each system. All it does on our is change the keyboard from direct input (English) into Japanese Input (Romaji typing comes out as Hiragana)

Quote:
Originally posted by Retired Morris Dancer:
 Quote:
like most things in windows its fairly self explanatory once you're looking at it.
lol.gif - joke, right? ;\)
heh. no not kidding.

i used to do IT support for a living. guess it comes easy to me. however i don't like japanese keyboards and i have trouble with the japanese version of XP too, because I can't read any of the nihongo
  • 1 month later...