Black truck protection money

Someone from the right wing party called our company today demanding a monthly contribution and that we buy their books. My boss said no and they told him to think about it and that they would call back. They threatened to park their noisy trucks outside the company and scare away the customers if he didn't pay up.

My boss called the police who said, predictably, sorry but they couldn't do anything about it unless the trucks/right wing guys were actually on the company property.

He said he is just going to tell them that he has told the police and that he is not paying.

Waiting for them to call back now...

It seems that Japanese law relating to the people in black vans is still really backward.

I just don’t understand how people can put up with the moronic (to the point of amusing) messages and silly songs.

My union in Osaka went to confront a pachinko parlour owner that was witholding pay from female employees. A couple of black buses came by playing Kimgayo very loudly indeed and two chimpira got out and put on a very funny performance of being enraged and throwing cardboard boxes at us. We stood calmly with our stout aluminium flag poles waiting for them to come to grips while the union boss gave a running commentary over his own loudhailer. "Yes, yes, go on, throw your boxes! Oh, nice throw! But they don't fly very well do they, cardboard boxes..."

When they saw we weren't going anyway, they turned off their buses and came over for a chat. They were fairly normal in an idiotic, brainwashed, right-wing sort of way. They said they didn't like red flags, and we said we weren't especially keen on them either, just pay the women properly for the work they did and they wouldn't have to look at any more red flags.

Just take four matches, secretly place one in each valve of their tyres whilst they're attention is elsewhere, and voila - they are stranded with flat tyres and with nobody willing to help them ... heh, heh, heh.

Fairly near where I live is the home to this areas Right WIng Black Bus. My friend was leaving Japan after 3 years and so obviusly had a load of guff that he couldn`t get rid of, including old clothes he didn`t want taking onward with him. The night before he left, we were pretty drunk and returning back to my house where he was stopping we decided it was a good idea to decorate said bus with all his left over garments and even made some "WE HEART GAIJIN" posters. Then donned our balaclavers and walked around to the parking spot. The end result was a pretty inpressively dressed bus with the clothes arranged to look like a big person holding the posters attached to the windshield!!! \:D Plus a few naughily placed socks and undergarments in the exhaust..... :p Needless to say haven`t been back around that area for a while just in case.

By the way what do the regular Japanese think of these buses?? Annoying?

> So what was the outcome of the confrontation O11? did they pay up?

Yes, they did. I doubt that working conditions in many pachinko parlours have improved much though.

There really isn't much that black bus people can do if you ignore them for a while.

They go around on National Holidays draped in the Hinomaru to remind everybody that they're Japanese, playing loud marching tunes, and they also do shakedowns like at me jane's place. They're just one part of the right wing / yakuza nexus.

I've lived quite a lot of places in Japan, and nowhere doesn't have them.