• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the vague thing about auxiliary verbs for me is do we always need to put "WOULD" there if it's 仮定法? If I put "will" there instead of "would", is it misunderstandable or just sounds strange?

Maybe I mix the usage of WOULD for 仮定法

and just gramatical time reference ( pp, past, present, future )

Thanks for your lesson Yama.

Coke and JackDanniel is enough for it when you visit me?

\:D

By the way, I need your Oyajis advice.

We met our ex-boss at bar last night. It was first time in two years.

I got a mail from him this morning and he is asking me a dinner.

Now he has his office in California and Tokyo. He is mid 40's, triathlete, architect. I don't want to call him "Oyaji" because he is an interesting guy. He has very nice career woman wife and cute daughter, too.

But the problem is the reason why he quit our company. There was a rumor it was because of sexual harrassement. The victim was my friend.

She never told us what happened.

I'm wondering if I want to have dinner with him or not. Or should I take someone with me?

He is clearly a body-conscious guy. His keitai mail address is...

"triathlete-hisname.ingoodshape@------"

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:

I'm wondering if I want to have dinner with him or not.
I think you had better give a clear answer first.
If you would like to go, you go. If you wouldn't, then you shouldn't, should you?
We are all enough mature to judge this kind of stuff, right?

;\)

Slow:

Who says Oyaji's aren't interesting?

I like your "...He has a nice career wife.. But the problem is...sexual harrassement".

So the wife is not a problem, but the sexual harrassement is.

Take someone with you (a real cutey), and make him take you to a really nice restaurant on the Tokyo waterfront. When he tries to hit on you, give your girlfriend a long kiss and tell him you're a lesbian.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
I dont need anything - unless you wanna buy me an Ebisu \:D ;\)

I quit drinking and now just enjoy alcohol shifty.gif
Haha Yama I don't have Ebisu now, how about Maltz or Corona or Guinness?

Thank you for the advice. I didn't think it was bad idea if it's just dinner and conversation. But as long as there is a rumor like that and he has nice wife and daughter, I should keep away from him.

When Oyajis ask a young lady for a dinner, do they usually expect something more?

Yama, yeah I'm a kind of Oyaji friendly person but I'll try to attract young guys from now on! ;\)

I'd guess some expect more and some just want the alpha male thing, being seen with someone young and good looking.

I'm probably not the person to answer, because I'm a one woman man. I avoid these sorts of complications.

Quote:
When Oyajis ask a young lady for a dinner, do they usually expect something more?
We sure do!!
I personally expect her to laugh at all my (bad) jokes.

One thing Slow. True Oyaji's won't take you to a fancy French restaurant. Oyaji's are IZAKAYA men all the way, or maybe a good Nabe in Winter.
Married Men who take you to a fancy restaurant don't qualify as Oyaji. There's another name for it. Sleezeball I think.

Hardcore oyajis smoke Peace or Hope and eat yakitori under the train tracks with 300 yen dai-jockeys, but any bloke who hassles younger women at work is automatically an oyaji. Doesn't matter how many triathalons you run or hair care products you buy.

I bet some married blokes project fake pride for their wife and kids to impress other women. I bet some women lap it up too.

Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:
 Quote:
I'm probably not the person to answer, because I'm a one woman man
I bet you've got all sorts of dark little secrets. \:D
"Let him without sin cast the first stone." I'm not a saint, I'm not casting stones, and there are things I've done which I am not proud of. I never cheated on my ex-wife though, nor did I betray my family.
 Quote:
I bet some married blokes project fake pride for their wife and kids to impress other women. I bet some women lap it up too.
I know one of them. And his mistress (who is a colleague) thinks he's such a good man because of it.