am struggling with an early70s fujica (before they dropped the -ca) 35mm.

struggling because it's so frickin heavy & cumbersome, and doesn't have a flash.

really want to update but the guy in yodabashi camera was totally trying to get me to go SLR digital, but they're so expensive, & kinda defeat the point of having a manual camera (i want to possibly develop the photos, whether by myself or at a shop, & not just leave them in my computer like the thousands of shots i've taken with my digital camera)

To avoid dumping the digi photos straight onto the computer, why not get a small compact flash card, and take it to a shop/print out your piccys every time you fill it up.

As for film. there's very little going for it anymore. Maybe for those who want pro quality in a 35 but don't have a coupla thousand dollars to spare, and don't shoot enough film to make the saving, and of course medium/large format affectionados.

Sure do Rach,

got a waterproof Advantix camera for outdoor pursuits, and a wiz-bang auto 35mm for other stuff - will ditch both cameras when someone releases an 8mpix waterproof/resistant digital camera that is cheap.

I find that digital cameras allow people to keep vast numbers of photos, which they would otherwise throw away - thus becoming a future filing and storage nightmare.

B&W photography is best done on film anyway - digital B&W is not the best IMHO.