My friends and I having discussion last night about this. But do you swear in front of your parents and taking care with language you use, or just as normal? It was about half each last night.

i'm absolutely hopeless and swear all the time, i pretty much use it as a form of punctuation. which is terrible, and i'm aware of it... but it just slips out in front of parents, the in-laws, at work, all the bloody time.

Yep, F this and F that. The F word is part of the Aussie vocab.

Those waves were Farking going off

thats a farkin sick car ya got mate.. etc, in a complimantary way.

My wife is on my case all the time... My 2 yo son sometimes blurts out F%k it! eek.gif

My parents, well my old man & I have a special relationship where we tell each other to Farg off all the time..

It really suprised my japanese friends!

My mother can't even bring herself to use the word 'fart', preferring instead the word 'poo noise' which for some non-obvious reason she imagines to be more genteel. For her, 'dog dirt' is not muddy paw marks on the lino, it's what normal people call 'dog shit'.

As I don't like to pain my dear mother too much on the few occasions that I see her, I do tend to tone down my use of standard Middle English. However as my son's English consists mostly of the expressions I use most, she does get to hear some language that she would prefer not to.

My father likes to show he's a man of the world when my mother is not within earshot.

Fairly recently I let a few pretty strong expletives out when I was home (angry at time), my mom was really shocked I don't think she had ever heard me say anything like that.

I wonder if mums of the future will be so shocked.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard:
 Quote:
I wonder if mums of the future will be so shocked.
I think not.

Are there any really good Japanese expletives?
tons of bad words...but unless you wanna come off as a yakuza/@sshole its best not to use them.