1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

i used to live drunken stumbling distance from shinsaibashi in osaka...now i live in tokyo.

which place is better? people always say the food is better in osaka, but that there are more oppurtunities (e.g. for work) in tokyo.

I had lived in Osaka for 28 years, so I know how it goes in there.

Actually I think food is better in Kansai than Kanto for me. Food in Kansai base on Dashi (soup stock from bonito etc), but perhaps those in Kanto base on soy sauce or miso? Not sure. I feel Kanto foods are a bit salty to me because my taste is really kansai one which is really Usukuchi (not strong, not spicy? what should I translate it, anyone???) - So depends on where guests are from, I always have to adjust the cooking way to serve meals.

On the contrary, I feel Kanto has more green than Kansai especially at the bottom of buildings which is their strict rule, I hear.

If it's in Osaka, just buildings with no green.

Subways in Tokyo are really complicated. Hard to judge which line goes where!?!?!? If it's in Osaka, they are north to south and west to east at the center, so easier to judge. It really depends on how roads are located there.

In Kansai, roads were made like that ( north to south and west to east -- square? ) following the way of somewhere in China (Xian if I remember right ), so if I got lost in Kansai, I can come back the original point by turning same direction 3 times ( turn right, right and right. or turn left, left and left).But

this way doesn't work in Tokyo!!! lol

Tokyo is a difficult place for me to drive/walk around.

eek.gif

Kansai people are probably friendlier than Kanto people. Because a lot more percentage people in Kansai were born in there, people in Kanto are from any other places, not so many native Tokyoite there. That's why they don't know each other even neighbors and they don't know its geography so sometimes Kanto people give me incorrect direction when I ask where to go when I get lost.

Quote:
On the contrary, I feel Kanto has more green than Kansai especially at the bottom of buildings which is their strict rule, I hear.
If it's in Osaka, just buildings with no green.
I've never been to Osaka but many people from Osaka mention that townscape and city planning in Tokyo is much nicer and Tokyo is cleaner than Oksaka.
I like people from Osaka but I probably don't want to live there. It seems like the summer in Osaka is too hot to me.

I've spent more time in Osaka than I have in the Tokyo area ,but I definitely prefer it here. I'd say in my experience it has been friendlier all round. It will depend on your situation of course.