Very poor debating skills from the fruit segregationists on this Forum - a whiney, accusatory but otherwise content-free PM from powwwers, and some rambling, puerile perambulations from Yamakashi.

Perusal of 'Fructose' in Wikipedia reveals that excess fruit sugar without other sugars may lead to the very build-ups of gas that fruit segregationists hope to avoid. While I wouldn't want to build a whole New Age dietary theory on one encyclopedia entry, it does tend to suggest that mixing different kinds of foods encourages fuller digestion rather than the opposite.

I'm sure though that the fruit segregationists are immune to reason and will periodically assert their guff about fruit not being able to elbow its way past the toast and going off into a dark corner of the intestines to rot over it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me look around Ocean for what Im trying to say. I usually dont think twice about the food that I mix and eat together. Just try to have a good balance of everything... Im sure some groups of food would aid in digestion of fruits but others then would certainly inhibit it as well. Let me look

Trying to help you in your fruitless search for something persuasive, I found this interesting side note;

* Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer, was (a fruitarian) during the 1970s:

"I was actually a fruitarian at that point in time. I ate only fruit. Now I'm a garbage can like everyone else. And we were about three months late in filing a fictitious business name so I threatened to call the company Apple Computer unless someone suggested a more interesting name by five o'clock that day. Hoping to stimulate creativity. And it stuck. And that's why we're called Apple."

No dangerous slices of bread to get in the way of Steve's fruit in those days then.

Do you experience digestive trouble when eating fruit that way then blame that particular fruit for your trouble and claim that you are “allergic” to it? Because that is apparently what happens to people who eat fruit in the wrong order.

I'm allergic to all fruit I'm afraid and have given up eating it.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many kinds of apples in Japan. I can't remember which I like and don't like. I tried Shinano Sweet today. It was good.

By the way, we got poor harvests of Kuri this year? I usually make Kuri gohan pretty often in autumn but don't see them at fruit market. I'm worried maybe I missed Kuri while I was in Vietnam late September...

I saw (and ate) a lot of massive chestnuts when I went to Uchiko over the last 3-day break. I didn't know they could get so big. Chestnuts are one of Uchiko's 'famous' products. Ah, the joys of a bucolic life!