Judgement of people by names

I just read this article about teachers judging students by their name - and thinking up front who were the good kids and the bad ones.

Good list:

Kate, Gregory, Sean, Charlotte, Jamie, Daniel, Lucy, Isobel, Ben, Sam, Harpreet, Imran, Asam, Alice and Joseph

Bad list:

Bobbi-Jo, Kloe, K'tee, Kristopher, Jayne, Wayne, Charlie, Liam, Ryan

Jordan, K'tee, Kloe and Bobbi-Jo are all names to make some teachers' hearts sink, apparently.

Teachers have confessed to making snap judgements about children from their names on the register.

In a light-hearted debate on a teachers' website, they have listed the names they associate with problematic and charming pupils.

Poppys are seen as hyperactive, Kayleighs as a pain and Ryans as hard work, according to chat on the website of the Times Educational Supplement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4274318.stm

Interesting subject. I know I often have some 'images' (?) associated with names - mostly based on people I know with that name even though obviously it has nothing to do with that new person.

And my class mate Kelly Roots! (real name)! Unfortunate name, not sure if she did though!

Australian slang

Quote:
Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses: "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good root" . A very useful word in fairly polite company.

At one school where I worked, I used to have to deal with a little bastard called 'Ikebe-kun'. A number of other teachers I mentioned this to felt there was something intrinsically sinister about the name.

I've also learned that people with 'Yone' in their names are to be avoided as far as possible.

I think I remember seeing that too 2pints. Quite possibly Chief Grip Wanker, whatever a chief grip is.

I have a general preference for Japanese girls' names that don't end in 'ko'. There are a couple that have come close to having a disastrous appeal.

For J-girl names I like Chiemi.

In H.S I can remember an auctioneer that advertised on a lot of park benches named Dick Long. I'm sure he got his fair share of prank calls.

• 4 weeks later...

Names in movie credits:

Thomas Wanker (The Day After Tomorrow)

Max Wanko (Alone in the Dark)

Jonathan Wank (visual effects in AI)

Kenny Wank (crew for Show And Tell)

Jordan M Wank (director of Devil Times Five)

Jeffrey Wank (crew for Thankyou For Smoking)

Wendy Wank (she won 2 Emmys for editing some US series).

Sound like a bunch of Wankers to me, them.

Gabriel Du Cunto (make up for Pirates of the Caribbean)

Arsen Diklic (Croatian screenwriter)

Others:

William Shite

Lou de Prijck

Prick James

Gordan ****ar

Joseph ****s