I am just watching some highlights from Fuji Rock, and at the moment Fatboy Slim is on. I must be missing something, coz he's doing sod all -- not even pressing any buttons or keyboards or whatever just larking around looking like a big nob in front of what are I think some turntables. Every now and then he's taking a swig of water and seemingly taking a 7" single out of its cover and putting one back in. And.... basically doing sod all else.

What's live about that? I don't get it.

wakaranai.gif

i hear ya bender-dude. i went and saw him about this time last year at AGEHA in tokyo and couldn`t help but think tha same thing.

but then i realised `exactly` what he was doing and its pretty amazing. he works lap-tops and a cuppla turntables, taking samples from all over the shop. just knowing which ones to sample and which ones will work is fairly amazing. (which proves that men CAN do two things at once \:D ) he was also feeding off tha crowd.

ya can`t help but think that he could have pre-recorded tha whole set and no one would know. i dont reckon `live on TV` would do him justice either. i`m not really `up` with tha new digital way of making music- make mine guitar, bass & drum anyday- but theres no denying its an art thumbsup.gif

I'm sure he must do something some of the time but seriously, for over 75% of the time he was nowhere near his decks or any buttons - he was even sat on the side of the stage for a bit part of it doing nothing but look at the crowd and do some manic clapping.....

• 4 weeks later...

Fatboy slim, I saw him performed live before, he probably have his set all digitalize on his powerbook and all he have to do is adjust the bass and tremble...

DJ Tiesto always used all old school way, he is still my favorite DJ, by far. His performance always kick A$$