>>Tokyo to London flight. What is the best way to get over the jet lag once you arrive in England?

Pull your socks up and go directly to the office and do a full days grind.

I cant abide by this jet lag softness. Get your sh*t together, especially you NPM ;\)

Eat dinner, have a few glasses of wine, then shag someone. English girls are always up for it. The statistics prove it. You can then have a good night's sleep and repeat as required.

I have a hi-tech solution that does not involve cheese...... SLEEP! I know the first few days I'll be tired so don't plan anything much and take a lot of rest. Feels good!

i usually dont get overly jetlagged. the combination of gravol and neocitran usually does the trick. i also push myself to go to bed late. mind over matter and all that.

im flying out of toronto to tokyo in a few hours. it'll be the first time im there for less than a month so i hope to get over the jetlag in a few days.

No matter what you do, you’re gonna feel awful after a long haul flight, so I recommend drinking yourself into a stupor on the plane. Might as well make the most of it.

Personally I like flying - movies on demand, and nice ladies who bring you food and drinks whenever you ding that little bell. Try and fly Singapore or Cathay, and don’t fly South Africa Airlines, or any US carriers.

Singapore ladies give me the horn, but their spicey perfume makes me go cross-eyed with pain, so I don't fly them anymore.

Jetlag really isn't the problem it's cracked up to be. It's nothing worse than the payback after a heavy night/morning on the town.

Quote:
Originally posted by spook:
movies on demand,
Not if you are flying with Air Old Zealand! They don't have personal TV screens in each seat but claim to be introducing them later this year. It is with this antiquated carrier I am about to board a 12 hour flight from London to LA. Then I swap plans and do an 11 hour Flight from LA to Fiji (I arrive there at 3am). No complaints about the jet lag, just getting bored. I also like flying, but I usually bundle myself up and drift in and out of a lazy bastard 12 hour slumber with movies constantly on the roll. One flight from Tokyo I woke up to a movie called The Grudge. It scared the living f*cking bejezus out of me!!! They have no business putting that on a family flight. After staring plate-eyed and pale at the screen (in the dark) for a full 100 minutes of terror I politely told them my opinions on suitable in-flight entertainment. It seriously left me frozen in my seat. On another Ldn-Tokyo flight I managed to got the full flight without getting out of my seat, not even for the toilet. I buckled up and didn't stand up until the passengers started walking off the plan at the other end. The secret is don't drink anything ergo, no pee. It is fun setting physical challenges like that. I’m sorry to be blunt, but I have no idea what the Ldn-Tok or Tok-Ldn jetlag fuss is about, big deal if you feel a bit tired and wobbly. It might sound wanky, but I do a few Long weekend visits to Tokyo to catch up with Yakiniku-san. You are there and back so fast that jetlag doesn’t even have time to catch up. Sitting at work on Monday, blink twice, think “now that was a nice weekend”.

As Ocean11 says, jet lag is for people who have never stayed up all night.

Deal with it. Most people here do. I hated the flights, but dealt. There is nothing wrong with getting off of a plane in San Francisco and being pissy. Everyone in that whole city is on the rag anyway.

I can't sleep on planes. The closest I came to sleeping on a trans-Pacific flight was on China Airlines. The commies kept waking me up though! If I don't want or need a hot towel, don't shake my #$%#^% arm!

The rice pudding was good though \:\)

Stiff upper lip folks...stiff upper lip. Apparently, it solves all problems.

RE: movies on demand and personal televisions.

i just flew on the most ghetto air canada plane out there. the whole set up was really old and there wasnt even a projection tv screen. just tiny screens that come down from the roof.

i am told some of the newer AC planes have individual tvs but as far as im concerned its all hearsay. ive been flying the toronto-tokyo route for 3 years now (sometimes as much as twice a year) and have never been on said plane. plus its one of their longest hauls! 14 hours or so!

on the plus side though, the older planes seem to have significantly more leg room. which made the flight a bit more bearable. just boring as.

Virgin's fleet is all new. The Tokyo-London-Tokyo flight was excellent and cheap. They had a choice of about 50 films, all individually streamed. Tokyo-London was a blast, travelling with the day across Siberia. Coming home I drank heaps of wine and caught up on four films thumbsup.gif

The worst thing is getting put next to Mr Abnormally Fat or Mr Stinking Smelly Feet (you know, the one who nevertheless takes off his shoes as soon as he gets on the plane). It's always a relief when you find out who is next to you.