Hum... usually around 1,000 yen when i have lunch somewhere outside?

If it's Mcdonalds, ramen shops, probably less than that.

If it's in a restaurant in some ski slopes, obviously a lot more!

• 3 months later...

It all depends where I'm living. Here in Tokyo, Japan, I'm paying around 600 - 1000 yen for a meal. In Pyongtaek City, S.Korea, I was paying around 17,000 won for a meal. In Newmarket, England, around 15 quid for a meal. Oddly enough, the most expensive city in the world and it has the cheapest meals.

It's not so much where I eat, it's how much I need to eat to get full. That's where the price difference is.

Here in Japan, I can roll to Yoshinoya and buy three 300 yen beef bowls and be good. Rice is very filling. In England, even going to McDonalds, I need 2 combo meals to fill me up. Course, I'd just hit some Asian place anyways.

In London, across the 4 lane street from Kings Cross Station, there's a really good little Asian restuarant. There's also a really good Sushi place in Piccadilly Circus. I'd give you directions from the McDonalds, but there's like 15 in that area.

3 bowls of gyudon? Fark!

One does me!

These days I find that most places serve way too much rice...

I usually opt for 6-9 piece sushi from my local supa. Only 550 yen and blooody fresh. Top it off with a bowl of miso soup at home with heaps of tofu and I'm done.

I would always eat out for lunch in Osaka for around a thousand yen.

Here, in Hobart, a similar experience (food quantity, quality, ambience), seems to run at least 1500 yen.

I'm more inclined to knock up a packed lunch now.

I have heard food in Tokyo is expensive!!!!! Obviously coming from downunder half the experience is to eat common cuisine found everywhere - how much do ya reckon a guy can eat a really nice sushi meal in Tokyo for? I am staying in Shinjiku - an expensive area? can anyone reccomend some good places to go to and eat??????