I am angry. Bush claims that the 1700 US military lives lost in Iraq have been worth it.

Quote:
Mr Bush said he knew Americans were questioning whether the heavy sacrifices in Iraq - more than 1700 Americans dead - was worth it. "It is worth it, and it is vital to the future security of our country," he said
F*ck your stupid soldiers that think they are heros. What about the lives of 98,000 Iraqi civilians?

I despise him more than any other person I can think of. He is up there with the worst history has to offer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
Amazing timing that - I posted exactly the same at exactly the same time!!
http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/4649.html
Yes, I didn't see the other Iraq thread. I should have posted this there.

You could fill a footy stadium with dead Iraqis. I find that quite simply a sad fact. Just as sad: the leader of the worlds most powerful country takes a on prime time
nationwide broadcast slot to gee the country up...... about the benefits of war in another country. That is hardcore. Step back from the de-sensitised mental state we all live in these days and see just how scary such a prime time broadcast is.

I agree with Bush: When you are the worlds greediest economic-indsutrial consumer of scarce oil reserves, 1700 lives is a small price for control a large nation in the oil cradle.

Spare a thought also for the non-fatal casualties on both sides. Neither side is counted.

On the more politically sensitive US side, advanced on-field medicine increasingly keeps the death toll down. This is great, of course, but means that number of fatalities that makes the headlines is increasingly small relative to the number of wounded. Wounded can mean all manner of permanent disabilities.

Large parts of the Iraqi operation have been subcontracted to firms like Halliburton, so they don't get counted either. You can watch an American public tv documentary about that side of the war here

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/warriors/view/

Ronnie Reagan just got voted the Greatest American of All Time. He was responsible for a lot more than Dubya, but at least there is more dissent now. The Internet is awash with it.

Those numbers pale in comparison to how many will still die or be born with defects, cancers or simply waste away from the effects of DU, which the US government/military officially say isn't harmful. Eventually it may blow around the planet on the winds of the world and affect not only the local areas that were hit by it. Yes, we have already been nuked.

>F*ck your stupid soldiers that think they are heros.

Soldiers do not think of themselves as heros. They simply do their job!

You're a coward who posts his thoughts about what is going on in the real world on a phuckin website coddled by friends sharing the same feelings and points of view. How cute! You should be ashamed of yourself claiming that soldiers are not heros? Your anger with the foreign policy of those in Washington so naively translates to mocking soldiers. Your "anger" is precious, but your ignorance is ugly.

> Soldiers do not think of themselves as heros.

A lot of them do actually. Talk to US military on any board, and you soon get the "We're saving your butt and you're not even greatful (sic)" line. They think they're heroes (with 2 e's indeed), because wet civvies like Furm encourage them to think that.

> You're a coward who posts his thoughts about what is going on in the real world on a phuckin website coddled by friends sharing the same feelings and points of view.

You don't know anything about anybody who posts on here, nor how far their courage or activism extends. Are you, or have you ever, been in the military yourself? And anyway, there have been plenty of knee-jerk, bullshitting Americans like yourself defending 'Mercan honor on this here website, each pretending he's a lone voice in the liberal, American-hating wilderness. Ha ha ha.

> You should be ashamed of yourself claiming that soldiers are not heros?

What's with the dumb question mark? Or is that a bit of spittle froth that hit the keyboard too hard? Far from being heroes, many soldiers are simple war criminals. The heroes get out and repent.

Your post is probably a troll, but let's hear you admit it again anyway...

Furm,

I cant tell you how many times when i was in Hiroshima and in Fukuoka where I ran into military people from Iwakuni(a huge Marine base in Yamaguchi) who said thing the most ignorant things and truly thought of themselves as heros and doing gods work. One guy went so far as to tell me to "get the **** out of the way so his friend who just came back from Iraq could get a beer. I should show some respect to the people who are protecting me from terrorists."

Right. America IS the biggest supporter of state-sponsored terrorism :rolleyes:

What is the CIA doin in Iran right now. Selling lollipops I guess wakaranai.gif

I respect people in the military just like I respect any other profession, its the politicians and their agenda that I have a problem with ~ not to mention the hypocracy that has always oozed outta America.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:

Ronnie Reagan just got voted the Greatest American of All Time. He was responsible for a lot more than Dubya, but at least there is more dissent now. The Internet is awash with it.
Christ on a bike, the world has gone to the dogs! Bring on the martians, humanity (or at least some of those in Washington) need a good heat ray spring clean ;\)

Seriously though, of all the great people that have come out of of the U.S, why pick a senile, stupid, B-grade acting, war-mongering, psychic-referring, monkey-loving winkled old fart with blood on his hands and whose finger loved to hover over "the button". wakaranai.gif

Reminds me of a H.G wells quote I read yesterday,

"I look about me at my fellow man. And I go in fear"

by troll...do you mean that b/c I don't spend my entire day (like you) reading online chats and that I only respond to things that interest me that for some reason i shouldn't respond at all??? Sorry, sometimes I actually have better things to do.

Yama...I guess I would have simply said thank you to those soldiers and perhaps bought them a drink.

Quote:
Originally posted by Furm:
Yama...I guess I would have simply said thank you to those soldiers and perhaps bought them a drink.
Maybe, if they wernt suck pricks and tried to get my long-time GF to get with them and dump me, not insult me, and not have an arrogant and @ss-hole attitude by saying I should show them some ****in respect BC they served in Iraq, I might have considered it :rolleyes:

solid point Yama!

I do think there is a difference between arrogance and believing oneself to be a "hero" though.

A lot of these guys are just kids and i think that lends to the tough guy attitude just as much as anything else.

> I guess I would have simply said thank you to those soldiers and perhaps bought them a drink.

That's what we call 'arselicking' where I come from. You don't want to go licking soldiers' arses. It's not good for anybody involved. And you would thank soldiers for getting paid to kill harmless foreigners on your behalf? Nice person.

> I do think there is a difference between arrogance and believing oneself to be a "hero" though.

I think they would tend to be rather closely linked myself.

> A lot of these guys are just kids and i think that lends to the tough guy attitude just as much as anything else.

Yeah, that's also what lends to the shooting of civilians because they're scared half out of their tiny minds.

Furm,

My strong 'f*ck your soldiers' expression was designed to demonstrate how overwhelmingly more I feel for an NFL superbowl stadium full of dead civilians rather than 750 American soldiers.

By the way, I dislike what the Spanish did to the South American Indians as well all those centuries ago. Mass murder stimulated by power and greed is not new and it is not just American. It exists in different ways and will always have different justifications by the supporters of the day. Ask Genghis Khan if he thought what he was doing was right. There are modern day examples as well involving empires and/or nations other than America.

When I was training as a soldier, all I wanted to do was go to a battle environment to validate myself and feel like part of a solution. Thank f*ck my pea sized brain at the time didn't win.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:
[qb]

Seriously though, of all the great people that have come out of of the U.S, why pick a senile, stupid, B-grade acting, war-mongering, psychic-referring, monkey-loving winkled old fart with blood on his hands and whose finger loved to hover over "the button". wakaranai.gif
I was too young to vote then. Don't blame me - I thought Reagan was a bad actor too!

Imagine if there was no mass media boom. Meaning, only 3 channels of TV, a few AM radio stations, your local news rag and NO internet. Global Politics were stagnant from the year 1990 (Cold War seems like a decent cutoff) until the year 2100.

How would text books in 2100 read regarding this years (2005) news?

(It's rhetorical)

I've just been getting a chuckle out of revisionist history lately, especially dealing with the republican mantra.

I highly doubt George Bush is the most evil person ever. He is just really F'ing stupid and is controlled by some of the most evil people ever. Rumsfeld, Rove and the US Supreme Court have been huge embarrasments lately.

The world watches and I just don't think US citizens realize this. Being top dawg ain't easy. Britain learned this, the US better be taking notes now, and you know China is watching.

I should be safe in Alaska \:\)

As a member of us "chair force" (11 days until im a civy! woohoo) I can safely say most marines are brainwashed, egotistic jarheads and I'm sorry for those of you who've had bad experiences with them.

Next time, welcome him back with a punch to the kidney and a bottle over the noggin.

However, if you ever meet an airman at a bar I promise you'll like him. We're much more intelligent and down-to-earth.

I dont believe anyone is saving me at all.

I think if anything things are getting worse.

Freedoms are being trampled. people are beening killed so that other people can be safe. money is beening stolen. depeleted uraium shells are not being cleaned up.

People like Saddam suck poo but How many people in Iraq have died since the american backed Iran Iraq war? Heros my butt, idiots following idiots not standing up for what is right and saying no I wont kill anymore.