The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

Great game! I started off cheering for the Arse, but was happy to see Barca win in the end. Hard lines on Henry especially, but a victory for football. Lets hope we see more of the same at the WC.

Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Messi.... That'll be some team to watch.

Oh, and Gerrard was wicked again the other day. His second goal was outrageous!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartez!! I remember him. Is he still with France?

I like the sound of this Souza guy:

Manchester United are close to agreeing a £6million deal for young Brazilian sensation Kerlon Moura Souza.

The Reds are desperate to boost their squad in a bid to challenge Chelsea for the Premiership title next season.

And they see the Cruzeiro attacking starlet as the perfect man to add star quality to their ranks.

Kerlon is a player full of tricks, with his favourite the rather impressive trick of running with the ball as if it was attached to his forehead.

lol.gif

Never heard of him.

I see Henry has just signed another deal with Arsenal - because he loves the team of course and wants to write another chapter with them.

Quote:
Thierry Henry demanded a two-year contract for Robert Pires on top of £130,000 a week for himself.

So looks like Watford, Sheffied and Reading inb the Premiership next season. My mates in Watford will be partying for the next 3 days I think.

ShinyDiscoBall. Henry signed because he loves the club. Don't you go thinking any other cynical thoughts at all.

Watford?! Dear god what is happening. Cannon fodder \:\) One of my best mates is also from Watford and well chuffed round about now.

Don't care about the reason.... he signed that's all that matters!

Hulk?!

Just some of the rumours this morning.... I just don't want Rooney and Fergie to have a bust up, we've had enough players leaving after that kind of thing.

Wayne Rooney's scan has produced inconclusive results, and means his World Cup fate will be decided by meetings between Football Association and Manchester United medical staff. (The Times, Daily Mail)

The scan is actually "encouraging" and Rooney will play some part in the tournament. (Daily Mirror, Daily Express)

Rooney has told Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson that he is ready to play in the World Cup. (The Sun)

Man Utd will ask the FA to pay Rooney's wages if he comes back from the World Cup injured. (The Sun)

I think everyone realises this, I'm sure Sven and team will be looking after him as much as they can. He didn't seem too worse for wear in that final the other week \:\)

Quote:
Chelsea have a clause which means they can claim back £7m of the transfer fee for Andriy Shevchenko, should he be injured at the World Cup. (Various)
They're probably hoping he does get injured.
Then again, it's Chelsea, 7 mill ain't much is it. Who's on the out there? They seem to have enough players to field Chelsea 1, Chelsea 2 and Chelsea 3 in the Premiership. wakaranai.gif

Yes eat your words crouch-haters. Shame I couldnt see it on TV, no fuji TV in my hotel for some reason \:\( Also looks like Im going to have trouble getting SkyPa or BS going on here too which is concerning me greatly.

It was on a skyperfect fuji channel, bobby - not the normal one.

Crouch seems to be enjoying a bit of popularity right now. Who would have thought? \:\) It can quickly go, but lets hope not.