The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, not to be -- though it has been a good end to the season.

It looks like Van Nistelrooy is off eh, rach? What was that all about? A bit crappy if it was just a case of throwing his toys out of the pram.

"The list of players who have fallen foul of manager Sir Alex Ferguson's ruthless streak over his 20 years is extensive, including names such as Jim Leighton, Paul Ince, Jaap Stam and David Beckham. The list of those who have lived to tell the tale is non-existent."

Bit of a shock, but then again maybe not. There's been something wrong there for a while now. He hasn't seemed the same at all.

We didn't do too bad without him and Rooney last night though \:\)

He's for sale according to the Guardian. 10m or nearest.

Quote:
Not everyone at Manchester United agrees with Sir Alex Ferguson that the club would be better off without Ruud van Nistelrooy but nobody will stand in the manager's way as he prepares to add the Dutch striker to the long list of players he has spectacularly disposed of. Ferguson spoke at length with his chief executive David Gill yesterday and the outcome is that Van Nistelrooy is available to the highest bidder, valued in the region of £10m.

10m is not bad. He should go to Liverpool. I wonder what has caused the bust up - no doubt it goes back to before the Carling Cup final when he was dropped for the first time.

It looks like it is going to be another sad end to a player at United. I wasn't gutted about Keane leaving - we've played better since he left and I've never really liked thim that much even though I know how important he had been - but this isn't the best. Sounds in some ways like a re-run of the Beckham saga.

It was a good game (I can enjoy it now more than at the time ;\) )

As is often the case, Gerrard was just brilliant.

Let's hope he keeps the form for England as well.

Gerrard is a God.

Im busting for thw World Cup now. Unfortunately I'm moving out to Japan next week so I will have to watch all thru the night and somehow still manage to impress at work the next day. \:D We are gonna win it this time!

Gerrard should move to United. I'm sure he wants to ;\)

That was a fun game to watch. Crouch was hardly inspiring though.

Anyone watch the last CL final last night?

I've never liked Lehmann, he always seemed arrogant and a bit of a git. Isn't he in the Germany team over Big Ollie Kahn?