The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game last night. First half not sure if there was much footie played, but at least we won.

From bbc

"The two sides were given special permission from the Premier League for Gerrard and Everton's James Beattie to wear 08 on their shirts to promote the city's year as Capital of Culture. It is unlikely that part of the marketing campaign was for Gerrard to be given his marching orders after just 18 minutes."

I had belief. Honest. That first half was just so stop and start though, it was not a particularly good game to watch.

I see Arsenal beat Valencia 2-0 last night. Surely they won't go on and win the CL?!

Not a bad start, even though Wenger says it's still 50-50!

It was good to see (or hear) that van Nistelrooy got back into the team and scored this morning. \:\)

Good to see Chelsea held to a draw before.

Half times:

Arsenal 2 up.

United 1-1 draw

In other news, the predictable Wembley farce gets even more messy

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1744620,00.html

And poor old Glenn still haunted by his dismissal

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1744378,00.html

Interesting reads on that site, as always.

Guardian says Ladbrokes have reopened bets on the Premiership - after paying out on Chelsea 3 months ago!

Can't see Chelsea losing it now, that would certainly be dramatic.... and quite embarrassing for them. Would be funny (apart from the fact we don't want United to win either!)

Since my last post, we don't seem to be able to stop scoring. That's more like it.

The big race is 2nd and 3rd, not 1st and 2nd. I can't see United beating all their matches and Cheslea losing more than 7.

I can, bookies have reopened the books and Man Utd are 6-1 to win the title. Im gonna have a poke at it as theres 7 games left including Chelsea Vs Man Utd 2nd last game of the season. I think Chelsea are choking and Man Utd are on a roll, lets not forget they have a history of pipping it late in the day.

After Mansion of whatever they were called are now not in the picture, United have today announced their new shirt sponsors........

Unitedshirt.jpg

United have not been consistent for a long time - I don't think they are going to win the final 6 or so games.

We shall see.

Looking forward to see how Arsenal play tonight.

Yes, I despise chelsea more than any other team ever. For some reason for years Tottenham used to have that honour, despite being crap. I think it was that they were so crap that it disgusted me, in the way that a spastic rat might.