If you dump someone, then better stop keeping contact with him. No phones, mails, anything that reminds you to him. The more you are around the harder for him to get over it. sadglass.gif

If you were dumped same wise loose contact and start hanging out with friends. What always works for me is some shopping therapy. ;\) Spend the weekend in the shops buying staff for myself always makes me feel better. \:D

I agree with you Miteyak. Some casual shagging with people who dont even remotely remind you of the ex is great stress relief.

Burning their belongings and dancing round them naked comes a close second \:\)

A back up plan is always a good idea. Hard to feel bad and think of the ex when you are in the throes of a good orgasm. Other than that:

1. Always try to be the dumper, not the dumpee

2. Go out and do all the things that you couldn't do easily while in a relationship

3. Have fun with your friends and feel good that you have a good crew of people that you enjoy hanging out with and that enjoy your company as well

And don't mope, no one likes a moper!

I have cried before yes a girl at college. We went out for 6 months but she was a dream. She sadly didn't quite feel the same. I thought the world had collapsed. And I did the next day too, I was real down for ages.

I have to admit like Cat stephens said, the first cut is the deepest. I was with my first love for nearly two years in college and when we split up I was a mess for months. Should have broke all contact but tried to remian friends and it was like a knife twisting into my heart. Always thinking what she was doing, who she was with, putting on the brave face when I saw her with someone else. Man that was one time in my life I don't want to go through again, but with the nelp of goood friends and good times I got back on track. It is a hard time.