Is it just me or is there a worrying "men looking like women" thing going on nowadays. I saw an interview with this bloke called Gakt (?) and he was filming this new ad with some model woman and they were in this show together and no kidding they looked like sisters. If I didn't know it was a bloke I might have thought he was a pretty ladytype. And there seems to be more and more of these guys.

Do lots of girls or Jgirls at least like the looks like a woman type guy?

shifty.gif

I know a girl (in Aus) who has pictures of Gackt up on her wall. It's pretty disturbing how much he looks like a woman, I honestly wonder what women see in such a feminine guy (nothing against any feminine guy, but as big-will said, that Gackt is beyond scary)

wakaranai.gif

I saw a ton of men who looked like women in Roppongi. That place is just evil! ;\)

Funny thing is, I saw way more in Shibuya but I liked that place. I'm not sure who this Gackt person is, but those types wouldn't offend me in the least. I've seen too many other weird things to let that bother me.

The whole men looking like women thing isn't relegated to Japan either. Lots of Brit music stars did that shit in the 70's - Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Rod Stewart etc.... I mean Ziggy Stardust, c'mon! \:\) Oh, and one can't forget the 80's in the US. Men wore more makeup than women!

I can finally see the pics (super slow connection for me). Japan never ceases to amaze me. I just don't see how that dude is considered pretty or handsome or whatever. He just looks so.......soft and un-gendered. How that is sexy is beyond me. Again, Japan fashion sense is baffling.

Quote:
Originally posted by snobee:
How come so many western men look like hippos? :p
McDonalds. The curse has been unleashed on Asia. Give it another decade - bwahahahahahaha ;\)

from an artist's point of view, nice bone structure, great skin.

from a woman's point of view, er, nope, doesn't cut it.

But actually he looks like a teen idol for the 12 year olds.

I think some J-guys dress ridiculously - they wear skin-tight jeans (i.e. nut huggers), do up their hair more than women do, always wear pansy looking shirts, and have the same physique as J-woman do meaning you cant tell them apart alot of the time. Quite disgusting really :rolleyes:

Oh, and the style of the Nampa Shi is just dumb as - look like a bunch of greasy losers :rolleyes:

I don't think Gakt is girly looking, although he has the style sense of a 50-year old snack mama which never really suits a young man.

> Out of interest, do these guys have girlfriends or boyfriends?

TM Revolution, who was one of the first in the current crop of non-SMAP androgynes, was married to Yumi from Puffy for a while. I think their look is aimed more at women of poor taste than at men.

Girls of poor taste even.

Isn't TM Revolution that guy who is really short and body think as a stick.

He's probably not a tool, he's probably just a young gullible guy who was created by a record company cos he decided he preferred to be a celebrity than a salaryman. Once his hour of stardom is over he'll very possibly be back in the job-searching queues like many others. It's an evil scene - the record companies latch onto them, leach off them and then spit them back out when they can't use them anymore. If he writes his own songs he may come out of it with some money, but if he doesn't he may find his bubble gets burst with little to show for it unless he saves every penny he's paid during his career days.

Of course I could also be totally wrong and he could also be a very astute business man who knows exactly what he's doing and how to get the better of the leaches that hang off him. Either way the record company usually wins (when it comes to the majors).