I think it's more of a healthy food idea these days.

20~30 years ago it was more of slaughter of animals - coming from a hindu point of view.

In that country (India) Cows are sacred because it's much more of a resource alive. So are most of the animals - milk and labour power

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omitting the fact that animals are aware as much as we are - so that it is a fair assumption that awareness can change form and may come from the same source and eventually go back to that source (without our identity) or - we gain the gift to be free with our identity intact and choose not to be in heaven (which is a creation of our wishes since so many have believed in it) All possibilities out there.

lol

no mate ...

but seriously, I wish when I am out of this body, I have the strength that I can travel the Universe and to other dimensions without getting sucked into going to heaven.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
lol
no mate ...
but seriously, I wish when I am out of this body, I have the strength that I can travel the Universe and to other dimensions without getting sucked into going to heaven.

you are weeded up.

Thurs,

they will cease to exit because they are supported by consumerism and without money they will not survive. Put anyone in nature and one will have to find a source for FAT.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks sorry I have missed a few Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week posts, but I'm back with a new Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week. And here it is:

Turkish cheese anyone?

Beyaz Peynir

Traditional, unpasteurized, vegetarian, fresh cheese made from sheep's milk. Pure white and rindless, the cheese has a grainy appearance. It is usually sold in blocks or slices. It is used in salads, pastries and many local dishes. Beyaz Peynir is the most popular Turkish cheese. Vegetable rennet is used to clot the milk. The curds are pressed for a few hours, then roughly chopped and strained, sometimes in attractive wooden or woven moulds. After draining, the cheese is cut into slices before being salted and covered with brine. It is usually stored in brine for more than six months. This cheese resembles feta. It is soaked in cold water or milk before use, to remove the excess salt.

hanimaga5272.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Over to France this week Cheesefans in this weeks Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week

Ardi Gasna

Traditional, farmhouse, unpasteurized, hard cheese made from sheep's milk. The cheese has a wheel shape with natural, crusty, yellow rind with grayish moulds. It is a table cheese, but is used also for grating . The name means "sheep's cheese" in Basque, and this cheese remained unchanged for centuries. The cheese is made in spring and late summer. All these cheeses are highly prized. Ardi Gasna has a hard texture, but feels rich in the mouth. The flavor is clean and fresh, with the sweetness of mountain flowers and a nuttiness born of age. The finish has a touch of sharpness that increases as the cheese matures. Similar cheeses include Laruns and Esbareich.

fromage-ardi-gasna.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever heard of this one?

It's time for Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week:

Cheshire

One of the oldest English cheeses, invented during the 12th century. There are three types of Cheshire: White, Red (colored with annatto) and Blue which is punctured during the curing process, resulting in blue veins. Cheshire is firm in texture and a bit more crumbly than Cheddar. It is rich, mellow and slightly salty with an excellent aftertaste. It requires two to six months to mature and the taste sharpens during that process.

cheshire-cheese.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cheesefans, it's time for Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week once agasin.

How about Holland this week?

Maasdam

Modern, creamery, semi-hard cheese made from cow's milk. It is boulder-shaped cheese. The smooth, natural rind is polished and may be waxed. The cheese was created in the early 1990's as an alternative to more expensive Swiss cheese Emmental. Although there are similarities with Emmental, it is higher in moisture and therefore, more supple. It ripens faster than other Dutch cheeses, being ready in four to 12 weeks. The flavor is sweet and buttery, with a fruity background, making it ideal for serving as a snack or breakfast cheese. It can also be grilled.

798px-Maasdam-cheese.jpg

Hi there Cheesefans, ok time for this weeks Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week - fron ICELAND

Avaxtskyr

Skyr is a soft cheese that is made from the whey of cow's milk. This cheese is made in various forms: natural Skyr, Skyr with fruit - Avaxtskyr, or with added cream - Rjomaskyr. If there anything left over after cheese-making, the rest is made into a drink called Mysa

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cheesefans and happy new year. Sorry to not post a Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week for a while. Anyway, here is the new Cheeseman's Cheese of the Week. Over to France

Briquette du Forez

French cheese made from the mixture of cow's and goat's milk. The Briquette du Forez is matured until dry in humid cellars. The rind has a natural, white mould that thickens over the ripening period. The taste has a pronounced vegetable, plant flavor that is pleasurable to the palate. Affinage of the cheese takes two to three weeks.

BRIQUE+DU+FOREZ.jpg