Recently when I notice movie and tv show with schools, it is always end of class when bell go. But student always suddenly jump up and leave class even without teacher saying something.

It is really like this?

In my school, even bell for end class we still wait for teacher to say end of class and we pack up and going out.

Quote:
In my experience, bell = owari.
Exactly the same, it was like a race. Bell goes and the race began.
But it was to another class so I didn't really see the point to hurry. There wasn't a great deal of respect going on at our school.

In Canada in elementry school, teachers were the boss - but by high school the bell took over and students would often be long gone before the teacher could finish what they were saying...

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
Thats such bad manners...
I agree - the teachers should have known there was no use talking after the bell rings...

Not when I delivered them - they went in the mail box.

Surely a newspaper would disintergrate into 50 seperate pages if you tried to throw it - and what if its rainig..?

Newspaper is rolled up, and there's a plastic wrap cover for the rain.

That's been the system for as long as I can remember at my place back home.

As for the lawn, well, that's where it ended up pretty much every day, although there have been occasions for:

- paper in pool,

- paper in tree,

- paper on car,

- paper on roof.

(you'd need to see the place to understand why)

fukdane, for the teacher that kept you 5-10 minutes after the bell, didn't that make you late for your next class?

I keep reading the above posts about respect and manners and oh, how rude (those bloody American's are)..... er, how about a professional courtesy to other teachers? I can't see why teachers would keep a class longer than the designated class time. In DB's case you didn't even fking MOVE unless the teachers said so. No wonder Americans are accused (rightly so) of being individualistic. In my opinion, the bell signifies the end of class and a good starting point to start travelling to your next class in order to arrive there on time. I can only guess the nay sayers attended small, 1 or 2 room country schools (Little House on the Prairie.) But for the rest of us it isn't rude to leave class when class is over, it's being polite to the teacher of your next class. wakaranai.gif

If I can remember back that far, all lessons had a 5-10 minute break, and then there were the ones just before "morning break" (15 mins), lunch and "afternoon break" (15 mins).

Stop embarrassing me Kintaro (as an American). Since when was this an anti-American thread?? I sure didn't read it like that... you're way way too sensitive about these things.

shifty.gif

Curt, no I'm not. I didn't read this thread as anti-American at all. Just movie portrayals. Take it easy curtiss and just worry about yourself. K?