the weather in japan's cities in general is just awful...rainy season is so inconvenient, the summer humidity is miserable, it rains all fall during typhoon season....just terrible weather.

Last year, Osaka weather was pretty damn nice. More clear blue sky days than I ever remember having around here, the humidity never really picked up, and the rainy season failed to materialize. The only rain we had was from typhoons (we certainly had a few) but they often only served to clear the air.

This year's shaping up the same way, the last couple of months have been rather nice. The architectural improvements and the growth of outdoor dining have certainly added to the livability of Osaka. I always used to dread the summers, but they do seem to be getting a little better, around here at least.

Michigan and Illinois mostly...upper Michigan or any of the lakes during the summer season provide the best of the best. I was in Hokkaido this spring and it reminded me of Michigan's Upper Peninsula....gorgeous!

I like these wet days. We need rain, don't we? If this is through the year, I can't say I like it but this is just a month, I can enjoy it. Rainy weekend is sometimes good for me to stay home and relax. I don't need to change my home cotton dress, that's nice. I just wish I had someone to spend relaxing holiday at home with.

I can't remember which way round they are, but there are "ying" and "yang" types of rainy season. One is concentrated bouts rain with fine weather in between, such as 2004, and the other is constantly humid with regular drizzle, such as 2003. The former type is by far the better; it's much more pleasant. It's also easier to grow stuff without your plants rotting or getting diseased.

I don't mind the rain. Where I come from it rains more than 260 cm. per year. Sendai is very green right now thanks to the rain. In August and September everything is brown and parched. That I can easily do without!