• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes your handle name is very curious!

Pink Floyd (well Gilmour at least) has said that profits from the 1200% increase in sales of Pink Floyd CD's since the weekend performance eek.gif eek.gif will be given to charity.

(While this is good and hopefully other popsters who will also see their profits jump because of their appearance, I wonder how how long that will go on, etc...)

% is indeed big, but if you look at the number of units it puts it a bit more into perspective.>

He stressed that the increase for Pink Floyd and other acts appearing in Hyde Park was partly due to the low number of records sold on Sunday, June 26. Total sales of "Echoes" on Sunday, July 3, the day after Live 8, were approaching 1,000.

I'm surprised U2 weren't on in the evening, they'd have got a lot more response then I reckon.

I think I heard that U2 had a concert in the evening and so basically they had to be on early. They were good though.

On the subject of increase in sales, here's Amazons numbers:

1. Pink Floyd - The Wall - 3600%

2. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - 2000%

3. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 1400%

4. The Who - The Ultimate Collection - 1400%

5. Pink Floyd - Animals - 1000%

6. Velvet Revolver - Contraband - 1000%

7. Robbie Williams - Greatest Hits - 800%

8. Pink Floyd - Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd - 600%

9. Razorlight - Up All Night - 600%

10. The Killers - Hot Fuss - 200%

11. Kaiser Chiefs - Employment - 200%

12. Dido - Life for Rent - 200%

13. Joss Stone - Mind, Body and Soul - 200%

14. Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters - 200%

15. Madonna - Immaculate Collection - 150%

Source: Amazon.co.uk

Heard the same akibun. The lineup wasn't exactly amazing was it. But I suppose that wasn't the point and it was arranged in a week or something.

U2 did have a concert in the evening, as did Coldplay I think.

Is it true Carey got boo-ed off?

And..

MARIAH CAREY was left fuming by a comedian who interviewed her on live TV — after he compared her figure to a stuffed sausage.

The US diva was wearing a tight dress when funnyman Oliver Pocher quipped: “What do you call a stuffed sausage in English?”