• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow S_F_G sounds like a tourist pamphlet.

Sounds like a great city after that nice list that Deebee gave us in the "Lock your Skis" thread.

Actually my Dad just got back from Sydney and he raved about it. Said I would really like it.

Yea, i been to HK for a few days on a trip to Malaysia as well..

Hong Kong was nice and busy!!

i was bout 12 at the time it was a pretty intimidating city....

and the AIRPORT!!

hows the FLYING IN TO BUILDINGS!

argh... glad i wasnt scard of flying!

• 6 years later...

Before the 2000 Olympics I would have said Sydney.

I don't have a favorite anymore. But I put weather into the equation which makes it harder, and access to the beach that has surf, and close to the mountains

Don't know about the best cities as I am not really a city person myself, but these are cities that I found interesting!

1. Ho chi min city (Vietnam) So different compared to a developed country at the time I went, probably quite different now!

2. Buddapest (Hungry) Loved the architecture in the buildings there

3. Perth - lovely open spaces and clean

4. Tokyo - lots to do and see

5. Bintan Island (Indonesia), Not a city but loved the place great place to get away from it all and just relax!

I had many eventful nights in East Berlin before the wall came down....we used to change our marks on the black market and get about 25 to 1 instead of the offical rate of 1 to 1

We lived like kings.

I saw a recent article that suggested Vancouver was the best place to live, based upon a range of measure including polution levels, population density, services (buses etc), economy, cleanliness, safety, low crime (and big snow capped mountains!!!).

Melbourne was ranked 3rd and Perth was 4th in the world

Vancouver is a nice place,

so is zurich, coppenhagen, Rotterdam, Queenstown,,,

BUT NO WAY Melbourne. This guy who is ranking must be a petrol head.

Perth is not too bad, except for people's hangups with the "eastern states"

Originally Posted By: Jynxx

Perth is not too bad, except for people's hangups with the "eastern states"

What do you mean by "hangs ups".

I know we get ticked off when we have to pay more than double the price to go to any capital city on the eastern side of our own country, than we pay for a ticket to Singapore, Indonesia or a number of other Asian destinations.

And we don't see why we should HAVE TO do daylight saving in the West just because they are in East, when we are not in the same timezone anyway.

But I like to visit places on the Eastern Side of the country - especially if they are mountainous and white wink

I don't think there are 'hang ups'. Maybe 15 or 20 yrs ago, but people are a lot less insular in Perth now Jynxx